Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 0.016 ng/ml
- Range: 0.031 ng/ml - 2 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Cell Lysate, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameMouse IL-10 ELISA kit
See all IL-10 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 5.2% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 10.1%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma, Cell Lysate
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range0.031 ng/ml - 2 ng/ml
Assay time5h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Abcam’s IL-10 Mouse in vitro ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of IL-10 in plasma, serum, tissue extracts and cell culture supernatants.
An IL-10 specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently an IL-10 specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of IL-10 captured in plate.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for long term storage before reconstitution - Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 1X Standard Diluent 1 x 2ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 50X Biotinylated Mouse IL-10 Antibody 1 x 120µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 7ml IL-10 Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit IL-10 Standard 1 vial Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 11ml
FunctionInhibits the synthesis of a number of cytokines, including IFN-gamma, IL-2, IL-3, TNF and GM-CSF produced by activated macrophages and by helper T-cells.
Tissue specificityProduced by a variety of cell lines, including T-cells, macrophages, mast cells and other cell types.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-10 family.
- Information by UniProt
- Cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor
ab108870 has been referenced in 21 publications.
- Wang X et al. Antiangiogenic Effect of Platelet P2Y12 Inhibitor in Ischemia-Induced Angiogenesis in Mice Hindlimb. Biomed Res Int 2021:5529431 (2021). PubMed: 33898623
- Zhou X et al. Tetrahydroxystilbene Glucoside Ameliorates Infrasound-Induced Central Nervous System (CNS) Injury by Improving Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Capacity. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2020:6576718 (2020). PubMed: 31998440
- Zhao Q et al. Chitoheptaose Promotes Heart Rehabilitation in a Rat Myocarditis Model by Improving Antioxidant, Anti-Inflammatory, and Antiapoptotic Properties. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2020:2394704 (2020). PubMed: 32351668
- Ai L et al. Liver macrophages mediate effects of downhill running and caloric restriction on nonalcoholic fatty liver disease of high fat diet-fed mice. Life Sci 256:117978 (2020). PubMed: 32553927
- Wang Y et al. miR-143-3p impacts on pulmonary inflammatory factors and cell apoptosis in mice with mycoplasmal pneumonia by regulating TLR4/MyD88/NF-?B pathway. Biosci Rep 40:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32597476