Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 6 pg/ml
- Range: 6.1 pg/ml - 600 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameMouse IL-17 ELISA Kit
See all IL-17 kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 6 pg/ml
Range6.1 pg/ml - 600 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 99.62 85% - 105% Serum 101.38 87% - 107% Plasma 97.47 84% - 103%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Abcam’s IL-17 Mouse ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of mouse IL-17 in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for mouse IL-17 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and IL-17 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-mouse IL-17 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of IL-17 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml 700X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-mouse IL-17 (lyophilized) 2 vials IL-17 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Mouse IL-17 Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionInduces stromal cells to produce proinflammatory and hematopoietic cytokines. Enhances the surface expression of the intracellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) in fibroblasts.
Tissue specificityRestricted to activated memory T-cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-17 family.
modificationsFound both in glycosylated and nonglycosylated forms.
- Information by UniProt
- CTLA 8
ab100702 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Zhao Q et al. Chitoheptaose Promotes Heart Rehabilitation in a Rat Myocarditis Model by Improving Antioxidant, Anti-Inflammatory, and Antiapoptotic Properties. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2020:2394704 (2020). PubMed: 32351668
- Jin YM et al. Impaired Th17 cell proliferation and decreased pro-inflammatory cytokine production in CXCR3/CXCR4 double-deficient mice of vulvovaginal candidiasis. J Cell Physiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30656691
- Xu H et al. Inhibition of TLR4 inhibits allergic responses in murine allergic rhinitis by regulating the NF-?B pathway. Exp Ther Med 18:761-768 (2019). PubMed: 31281453
- You P et al. Local level of TGF-ß1 determines the effectiveness of dexamethasone through regulating the balance of Treg/Th17 cells in TNBS-induced mouse colitis. Exp Ther Med 15:3639-3649 (2018). PubMed: 29545894
- Dietert K et al. mCLCA3 modulates IL-17 and CXCL-1 induction and leukocyte recruitment in murine Staphylococcus aureus pneumonia. PLoS One 9:e102606 (2014). PubMed: 25033194
- Kotla S et al. The transcription factor CREB enhances interleukin-17A production and inflammation in a mouse model of atherosclerosis. Sci Signal 6:ra83 (2013). PubMed: 24045154