Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 1 pg/ml
- Range: 0.819 pg/ml - 200 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture extracts, Cell culture supernatant, Cell Lysate, Plasma, Serum, Tissue Lysate
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameMouse IL-4 ELISA Kit
See all IL-4 kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma, Cell culture extracts, Cell Lysate, Tissue Lysate
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 1 pg/ml
Range0.819 pg/ml - 200 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture extracts 93.62 84% - 104% Tissue Extracts 91.57 82% - 103%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Abcam’s Mouse IL-4 ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of mouse IL-4 in cell lysates and tissue lysates.
This assay employs an antibody specific for mouse IL-4 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and IL-4 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-mouse IL-4 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 2X Cell Lysis Buffer 1 x 5ml 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml 5X Sample Diluent Buffer 1 x 10ml 600X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl Biotinylated anti-Mouse IL-4 2 vials IL-4 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant mouse IL-4 Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
RelevanceIL-4 is a pleiotropic cytokine produced by activated T cells. It is a ligand for interleukin 4 receptor. The interleukin 4 receptor also binds to IL13, which may contribute to many overlapping functions of this cytokine and IL13. STAT6, a signal transducer and activator of transcription, has been shown to play a central role in mediating the immune regulatory signal of IL-4. IL-4, IL3, IL5, IL13, and CSF2 form a cytokine gene cluster on chromosome 5q, with this gene particularly close to IL13. IL-4, IL13 and IL5 are found to be regulated coordinately by several long-range regulatory elements in an over 120 kilobase range on the chromosome. Two alternatively spliced transcript variants of IL-4 encoding distinct isoforms have been reported.
- B cell growth factor 1
- B cell stimulatory factor 1
- BCGF 1
ab100710 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Hernández-Espinosa DR et al. Role of NADPH oxidase-2 in the progression of the inflammatory response secondary to striatum excitotoxic damage. J Neuroinflammation 16:91 (2019). PubMed: 30995916
- Shan X et al. Edoxaban improves atrial fibrillation and thromboembolism through regulation of the Wnt-ß-induced PI3K/ATK-activated protein C system. Exp Ther Med 17:3509-3517 (2019). PubMed: 30988731
- Wang QQ et al. Human Umbilical Cord Wharton's Jelly Derived Mesenchymal Stromal Cells May Attenuate Sarcopenia in Aged Mice Induced by Hindlimb Suspension. Med Sci Monit 24:9272-9281 (2018). PubMed: 30571669
- Hajmohammadi M et al. Synthesis and characterization of a novel chemically designed (Globo)3-DTPA-KLH antigen. Drug Des Devel Ther 9:217-39 (2015). Sandwich ELISA ; Mouse . PubMed: 25565775
- Bacsi A et al. Down-regulation of 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase 1 expression in the airway epithelium ameliorates allergic lung inflammation. DNA Repair (Amst) 12:18-26 (2013). PubMed: 23127499