Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 5 pg/ml
- Range: 2.74 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameMouse Interferon gamma ELISA Kit (IFNG)
See all Interferon gamma kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 5 pg/ml
Range2.74 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 94.75 83% - 103% Serum 95.38 83% - 103% Plasma 93.49 82% - 102%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Abcam’s Interferon Gamma Mouse ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Mouse Interferon Gamma in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Mouse Interferon Gamma coated on a 96- well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and Interferon Gamma present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Mouse Interferon Gamma antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of Interferon Gamma bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 440X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Mouse Interferon gamma (lyophilized) 2 vials Interferon gamma Microplate (12 strips x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Mouse Interferon gamma Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionProduced by lymphocytes activated by specific antigens or mitogens. IFN-gamma, in addition to having antiviral activity, has important immunoregulatory functions. It is a potent activator of macrophages, it has antiproliferative effects on transformed cells and it can potentiate the antiviral and antitumor effects of the type I interferons.
Tissue specificityReleased primarily from activated T lymphocytes.
Involvement in diseaseIn Caucasians, genetic variation in IFNG is associated with the risk of aplastic anemia (AA) [MIM:609135]. AA is a rare disease in which the reduction of the circulating blood cells results from damage to the stem cell pool in bone marrow. In most patients, the stem cell lesion is caused by an autoimmune attack. T-lymphocytes, activated by an endogenous or exogenous, and most often unknown antigenic stimulus, secrete cytokines, including IFN-gamma, which would in turn be able to suppress hematopoiesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type II (or gamma) interferon family.
modificationsProteolytic processing produces C-terminal heterogeneity, with proteins ending alternatively at Gly-150, Met-157 or Gly-161.
- Information by UniProt
- IF 1
ab100689 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Zhao Q et al. Chitoheptaose Promotes Heart Rehabilitation in a Rat Myocarditis Model by Improving Antioxidant, Anti-Inflammatory, and Antiapoptotic Properties. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2020:2394704 (2020). PubMed: 32351668
- Chang RC et al. Preconception paternal alcohol exposure exerts sex-specific effects on offspring growth and long-term metabolic programming. Epigenetics Chromatin 12:9 (2019). PubMed: 30670059
- Zhang S et al. Salmonella infection leads to severe intestinal inflammation and increased CD4+FoxP3+ Treg cells in streptozotocin-induced hyperglycemic mice. Mol Med Rep 19:5377-5385 (2019). PubMed: 31059096
- Monga S et al. Inhibitory Effects of the Two Novel TSPO Ligands 2-Cl-MGV-1 and MGV-1 on LPS-induced Microglial Activation. Cells 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31121852
- Tong G et al. MACC1 regulates PDL1 expression and tumor immunity through the c-Met/AKT/mTOR pathway in gastric cancer cells. Cancer Med 8:7044-7054 (2019). PubMed: 31557409
- Chang RC et al. Programmed increases in LXRa induced by paternal alcohol use enhance offspring metabolic adaptation to high-fat diet induced obesity. Mol Metab 30:161-172 (2019). PubMed: 31767168
- Wang S et al. LncRNA XIST, as a ceRNA of miR-204, aggravates lipopolysaccharide-induced acute respiratory distress syndrome in mice by upregulating IRF2. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 12:2425-2434 (2019). PubMed: 31934069
- Pan Y et al. Polyphenols in Liubao Tea Can Prevent CCl4-Induced Hepatic Damage in Mice through Its Antioxidant Capacities. Nutrients 10:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30201943
- Taylor S et al. Suppressing Interferon-? Stimulates Microglial Responses and Repair of Microbleeds in the Diabetic Brain. J Neurosci 38:8707-8722 (2018). PubMed: 30201775
- Schafer S et al. IL-11 is a crucial determinant of cardiovascular fibrosis. Nature 552:110-115 (2017). ELISA . PubMed: 29160304