Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 5 pg/ml
- Range: 2.74 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameMouse Interferon gamma ELISA Kit (IFNG)
See all Interferon gamma kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 5 pg/ml
Range2.74 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 94.75 83% - 103% Serum 95.38 83% - 103% Plasma 93.49 82% - 102%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Abcam’s Interferon Gamma Mouse ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Mouse Interferon Gamma in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Mouse Interferon Gamma coated on a 96- well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and Interferon Gamma present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Mouse Interferon Gamma antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of Interferon Gamma bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 440X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Mouse Interferon gamma 2 vials Interferon gamma Microplate (12 strips x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Mouse Interferon gamma Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionProduced by lymphocytes activated by specific antigens or mitogens. IFN-gamma, in addition to having antiviral activity, has important immunoregulatory functions. It is a potent activator of macrophages, it has antiproliferative effects on transformed cells and it can potentiate the antiviral and antitumor effects of the type I interferons.
Tissue specificityReleased primarily from activated T lymphocytes.
Involvement in diseaseIn Caucasians, genetic variation in IFNG is associated with the risk of aplastic anemia (AA) [MIM:609135]. AA is a rare disease in which the reduction of the circulating blood cells results from damage to the stem cell pool in bone marrow. In most patients, the stem cell lesion is caused by an autoimmune attack. T-lymphocytes, activated by an endogenous or exogenous, and most often unknown antigenic stimulus, secrete cytokines, including IFN-gamma, which would in turn be able to suppress hematopoiesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type II (or gamma) interferon family.
modificationsProteolytic processing produces C-terminal heterogeneity, with proteins ending alternatively at Gly-150, Met-157 or Gly-161.
- Information by UniProt
- IF 1
ab100689 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Pang L et al. Fine particulate matter induces airway inflammation by disturbing the balance between Th1/Th2 and regulation of GATA3 and Runx3 expression in BALB/c mice. Mol Med Rep 23:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33760131
- Zhao Q et al. Chitoheptaose Promotes Heart Rehabilitation in a Rat Myocarditis Model by Improving Antioxidant, Anti-Inflammatory, and Antiapoptotic Properties. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2020:2394704 (2020). PubMed: 32351668
- Agah S et al. More Protection of Lactobacillus acidophilus Than Bifidobacterium bifidum Probiotics on Azoxymethane-Induced Mouse Colon Cancer. Probiotics Antimicrob Proteins 11:857-864 (2019). PubMed: 29682678
- Yi R et al. Isolation and Identification of Lactobacillus plantarum HFY05 from Natural Fermented Yak Yogurt and Its Effect on Alcoholic Liver Injury in Mice. Microorganisms 7:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31694208
- Zhang D et al. Total flavone of Abelmoschus manihot ameliorates Crohn's disease by regulating the NF-?B and MAPK signaling pathways. Int J Mol Med 44:324-334 (2019). PubMed: 31059072