Key features and details
- One-wash 90 minute protocol
- Sensitivity: 0.487 pg/ml
- Range: 1.56 pg/ml - 100 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Cit plasma, EDTA Plasma, Hep Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameMouse MCP1 ELISA Kit
See all MCP1 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Mouse serum 8 4.4% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Mouse serum 3 9.9%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Hep Plasma, EDTA Plasma, Cit plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range1.56 pg/ml - 100 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 98 91% - 107% Serum 105 101% - 112% Hep Plasma 105 103% - 108% EDTA Plasma 106 104% - 110% Cit plasma 104 100% - 111%
Assay time1h 30m
Assay durationOne step assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Does not react with: Goat, Cow, Pig
Mouse MCP1 ELISA Kit (ab208979) is a single-wash 90 min sandwich ELISA designed for the quantitative measurement of MCP1 protein in cell culture supernatant, cit plasma, edta plasma, hep plasma, and serum. It uses our proprietary SimpleStep ELISA® technology. Quantitate Mouse MCP1 with 0.487 pg/ml sensitivity.
SimpleStep ELISA® technology employs capture antibodies conjugated to an affinity tag that is recognized by the monoclonal antibody used to coat our SimpleStep ELISA® plates. This approach to sandwich ELISA allows the formation of the antibody-analyte sandwich complex in a single step, significantly reducing assay time. See the SimpleStep ELISA® protocol summary in the image section for further details. Our SimpleStep ELISA® technology provides several benefits:
- Single-wash protocol reduces assay time to 90 minutes or less
- High sensitivity, specificity and reproducibility from superior antibodies
- Fully validated in biological samples
- 96-wells plate breakable into 12 x 8 wells strips
A 384-well SimpleStep ELISA® microplate (ab203359) is available to use as an alternative to the 96-well microplate provided with SimpleStep ELISA® kits.
MCP1 (CCL2) is a chemokine expressed by fibroblasts, macrophages, endothelial cells, mast cells, osteoblasts, ameloblasts, epithelial cells, and astrocytes after stimulation with inflammatory stimuli. MCP1 is involved in the recruitment of monocytes and lymphocytes and in the regulation of Th1/Th2 lymphocyte differentiation.
The standard is affinity purified.
PlatformMicroplate (12 x 8 well strips)
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 10X Mouse MCP1 Capture Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X Mouse MCP1 Detector Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X Wash Buffer PT (ab206977) 1 x 20ml Antibody Diluent 5BI 1 x 6ml Mouse MCP1 Lyophilized Recombinant Protein (ab9901) 2 vials Plate Seals 1 unit Sample Diluent NS (ab193972) 1 x 50ml SimpleStep Pre-Coated 96-Well Microplate (ab206978) 1 unit Stop Solution 1 x 12ml TMB Development Solution 1 x 12ml
FunctionChemotactic factor that attracts monocytes and basophils but not neutrophils or eosinophils. Augments monocyte anti-tumor activity. Has been implicated in the pathogenesis of diseases characterized by monocytic infiltrates, like psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis or atherosclerosis. May be involved in the recruitment of monocytes into the arterial wall during the disease process of atherosclerosis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine beta (chemokine CC) family.
modificationsProcessing at the N-terminus can regulate receptor and target cell selectivity. Deletion of the N-terminal residue converts it from an activator of basophil to an eosinophil chemoattractant.
- Information by UniProt
- C-C motif chemokine 2
Matched antibody pairs
SimpleStep ELISA technology allows the formation of the antibody-antigen complex in one single step, reducing assay time to 90 minutes. Add samples or standards and antibody mix to wells all at once, incubate, wash, and add your final substrate. See protocol for a detailed step-by-step guide.
Standard curve comparison between mouse MCP1 SimpleStep ELISA® kit and traditional ELISA kit from leading competitor. SimpleStep ELISA kit shows a 3-fold increase in sensitivity.
Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD) are graphed.
The concentrations of MCP1 were measured in duplicates, interpolated from the MCP1 standard curves and corrected for sample dilution. Undiluted samples are as follows: serum 25%, plasma (citrate) 25%, plasma (EDTA) 25%, and RAW264.7 cell culture supernatant 10%. The interpolated dilution factor corrected values are plotted (mean +/- SD, n=2). The mean MCP1 concentration was determined to be 157.7 pg/mL in serum, 125.7 pg/mL in plasma (citrate), 121.1 pg/mL in plasma (EDTA), and 277.2 pg/mL in RAW264.7 cell culture supernatant.
To learn more about the advantages of recombinant antibodies see here.
ab208979 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Choi DJ et al. Critical roles of astrocytic-CCL2-dependent monocyte infiltration in a DJ-1 knockout mouse model of delayed brain repair. Glia N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32176388
- Clua P et al. The Role of Alveolar Macrophages in the Improved Protection against Respiratory Syncytial Virus and Pneumococcal Superinfection Induced by the Peptidoglycan of Lactobacillus rhamnosus CRL1505. Cells 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32660087
- Monga S et al. The Efficacy of the Novel TSPO Ligands 2-Cl-MGV-1 and 2,4-Di-Cl-MGV-1 Compared to the Classical TSPO Ligand PK 11195 to Counteract the Release of Chemokines from LPS-Stimulated BV-2 Microglial Cells. Biology (Basel) 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32938018
- Li Y et al. PTPN2 improved renal injury and fibrosis by suppressing STAT-induced inflammation in early diabetic nephropathy. J Cell Mol Med 23:4179-4195 (2019). PubMed: 30955247
- Goodman S et al. Macrophage polarization impacts tunneling nanotube formation and intercellular organelle trafficking. Sci Rep 9:14529 (2019). PubMed: 31601865
- Mao S et al. Nanoparticle-mediated delivery of Tanshinone IIA reduces adverse cardiac remodeling following myocardial infarctions in a mice model: role of NF-?B pathway. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol 46:S707-S716 (2018). PubMed: 30284484