Product nameMouse PCSK9 peptide
See all PCSK9 proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32727 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 preproprotein
FunctionMay be implicated in the differentiation of cortical neurons and may play a role in cholesterol homeostasis.
Tissue specificityExpressed in neuro-epithelioma, colon carcinoma, hepatic and pancreatic cell lines, and in Schwann cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in PCSK9 are the cause of familial hypercholesterolemia 3 (FH3) [MIM:603776]. FH3 inheritance is autosomal dominant.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S8 family.
Contains 1 peptidase S8 domain.
modificationsThe soluble zymogen undergoes autocatalytic intramolecular processing in the endoplasmic reticulum, resulting in the cleavage of its propeptide that remains associated with the secreted enzyme.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab32727 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.