Product nameMouse PSD95 peptide
See all PSD95 proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18661 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-PSD95 antibody - Synaptic Marker (ab18258)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Information available upon request.
- Discs large homolog 4
- Disks large homolog 4
- DLG 4
FunctionInteracts with the cytoplasmic tail of NMDA receptor subunits and shaker-type potassium channels. Required for synaptic plasticity associated with NMDA receptor signaling. Overexpression or depletion of DLG4 changes the ratio of excitatory to inhibitory synapses in hippocampal neurons. May reduce the amplitude of ASIC3 acid-evoked currents by retaining the channel intracellularly. May regulate the intracellular trafficking of ADR1B.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MAGUK family.
Contains 1 guanylate kinase-like domain.
Contains 3 PDZ (DHR) domains.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
DomainThe PDZ domain 3 mediates interaction with ADR1B.
The L27 domain near the N-terminus of isoform 2 is required for HGS/HRS-dependent targeting to postsynaptic density.
modificationsPalmitoylation of isoform 1 is required for targeting to postsynaptic density.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell junction, synapse, postsynaptic cell membrane, postsynaptic density. Cell projection, axon. Cell junction, synapse. High levels in postsynaptic density of neurons in the forebrain. Also in presynaptic region of inhibitory synapses formed by cerebellar basket cells on axon hillocks of Purkinje cells.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab18661 has been referenced in 2 publications.