Product nameMouse REST / NRSF peptide
See all REST / NRSF proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17042 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-REST / NRSF antibody (ab21635)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Information available upon request.
- Neural Restrictive Silencer Factor
- Neural-restrictive silencer factor
- Neuron Restrictive Silencer Factor
FunctionTranscriptional repressor which binds neuron-restrictive silencer element (NRSE) and represses neuronal gene transcription in non-neuronal cells. Restricts the expression of neuronal genes by associating with two distinct corepressors, mSin3 and CoREST, which in turn recruit histone deacetylase to the promoters of REST-regulated genes. Mediates repression by recruiting the BHC complex at RE1/NRSE sites which acts by deacetylating and demethylating specific sites on histones, thereby acting as a chromatin modifier.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Expressed at higher levels in the tissues of the lymphocytic compartment, including spleen, thymus, peripheral blood lymphocytes and ovary.
Sequence similaritiesContains 9 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab17042 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.