Product nameMouse REST / NRSF peptide
See all REST / NRSF proteins and peptides
Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17042 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-REST / NRSF antibody (ab21635)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Information available upon request.
- Neural Restrictive Silencer Factor
- Neural-restrictive silencer factor
- Neuron Restrictive Silencer Factor
FunctionTranscriptional repressor which binds neuron-restrictive silencer element (NRSE) and represses neuronal gene transcription in non-neuronal cells. Restricts the expression of neuronal genes by associating with two distinct corepressors, mSin3 and CoREST, which in turn recruit histone deacetylase to the promoters of REST-regulated genes. Mediates repression by recruiting the BHC complex at RE1/NRSE sites which acts by deacetylating and demethylating specific sites on histones, thereby acting as a chromatin modifier.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Expressed at higher levels in the tissues of the lymphocytic compartment, including spleen, thymus, peripheral blood lymphocytes and ovary.
Sequence similaritiesContains 9 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
- Information by UniProt
ab17042 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.