Product nameMouse Semaphorin 7a peptide
See all Semaphorin 7a proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab30845 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- CD 108
- CD108 antigen
FunctionPlays an important role in integrin-mediated signaling and functions both in regulating cell migration and immune responses. Promotes formation of focal adhesion complexes, activation of the protein kinase PTK2/FAK1 and subsequent phosphorylation of MAPK1 and MAPK3. Promotes production of proinflammatory cytokines by monocytes and macrophages. Plays an important role in modulating inflammation and T-cell-mediated immune responses. Promotes axon growth in the embryonic olfactory bulb. Promotes attachment, spreading and dendrite outgrowth in melanocytes.
Tissue specificityDetected in skin keratinocytes and on endothelial cells from skin blood vessels (at protein level). Expressed in fibroblasts, keratinocytes, melanocytes, placenta, testis, ovary, spleen, brain, spinal chord, lung, heart, adrenal gland, lymph nodes, thymus, intestine and kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the semaphorin family.
Contains 1 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Contains 1 PSI domain.
Contains 1 Sema domain.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Detected in a punctate pattern on the cell membrane of basal and supra-basal skin keratinocytes.
- Information by UniProt
ab30845 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.