Product nameMouse SOX6 peptide
See all SOX6 proteins and peptides
Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab30530 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- HSSOX 6
- SOX 6
FunctionTranscriptional activator. Binds specifically to the DNA sequence 5'-AACAAT-3'. Plays a key role in several developmental processes, including neurogenesis and skeleton formation.
Tissue specificityExpressed in a wide variety of tissues, most abundantly in skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 HMG box DNA-binding domain.
modificationsSumoylation inhibits the transcriptional activity.
- Information by UniProt
ab30530 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.