Key features and details
- Purity: > 90% HPLC
- Suitable for: Blocking
Product nameMouse Stra8 peptide
Purity> 90 % HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab49600 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Stra8 antibody (ab49405)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Stimulated by retinoic acid 8
- stimulated by retinoic acid 8 homolog
- Stimulated by retinoic acid Gene 8
FunctionRequired for the transition into meiosis for both female and male germ cells. In female germ cells, required for premeiotic DNA replication and subsequent events in meiotic prophase.
Tissue specificityExpressed specifically in testis.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab49600 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.