Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 60 pg/ml
- Range: 93.75 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, serum free media
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameMouse TNF alpha ELISA Kit
See all TNF alpha kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Plasma, serum free media
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 60 pg/ml
Range93.75 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 92.46 84% - 104% Plasma 93.82 83% - 102%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Abcam’s TNF alpha Mouse ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Mouse TNF alpha in plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Mouse TNF alpha coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and TNF alpha present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Mouse TNF alpha antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of TNF alpha bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Mouse TNFa levels are extremely low, and as such we expect “normal” levels to be undetectable when using our kit on plasma samples.
We have not been able to detect endogenous Mouse TNF alpha in normal serum with ab100747, only in serum spiked with Mouse TNF alpha.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 300X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Mouse TNF alpha (lyophilized) 2 vials Recombinant Mouse TNF alpha Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml TNF alpha Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit
FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- APC1 protein
TNF-alpha was measured in cell culture medium from Raw control cells, or cells stimulated with PMA (10 ng x mL-1; 24 h) and LPS (1 ug x mL-1; 6 h). Results are shown with background signal subtracted (duplicates +/- SD).
Representative Standard Curve using ab100747
Representative Standard Curve using ab100747
ab100747 has been referenced in 47 publications.
- Piao X et al. Picroside II Improves Severe Acute Pancreatitis-Induced Intestinal Barrier Injury by Inactivating Oxidative and Inflammatory TLR4-Dependent PI3K/AKT/NF-?B Signaling and Improving Gut Microbiota. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2020:3589497 (2020). PubMed: 32351672
- Jovic M et al. Short-term fish oil supplementation applied in presymptomatic stage of Alzheimer's disease enhances microglial/macrophage barrier and prevents neuritic dystrophy in parietal cortex of 5xFAD mouse model. PLoS One 14:e0216726 (2019). PubMed: 31095617
- Yan L et al. The Impact of Vitamin D on Cognitive Dysfunction in Mice with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Med Sci Monit 25:4716-4722 (2019). PubMed: 31281179
- Gali NK et al. Diurnal trends in redox characteristics of water-soluble and -insoluble PM components. Environ Pollut 254:112841 (2019). PubMed: 31369911
- Huang X et al. Regulation mechanism of aquaporin 9 gene on inflammatory response and cardiac function in rats with myocardial infarction through extracellular signal-regulated kinase1/2 pathway. Heart Vessels 34:2041-2051 (2019). PubMed: 31218464