Key features and details
- One-wash 90 minute protocol
- Sensitivity: 7 pg/ml
- Range: 15.6 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture media, Cit plasma, Hep Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameMouse Interferon alpha 1 ELISA Kit
See all Interferon alpha 1 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% serum 8 2.6% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% serum 3 7.7%
Sample typeSerum, Cell culture media, Hep Plasma, Cit plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range15.6 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum 89 82% - 95% Cell culture media 100 95% - 106% Hep Plasma 89 88% - 91% Cit plasma 89 85% - 92%
Assay time1h 30m
Assay durationOne step assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Mouse Interferon alpha ELISA Kit (ab252352) is a single-wash 90 min sandwich ELISA designed for the quantitative measurement of IFN-alpha protein in cell culture media, cit plasma, hep plasma, and serum. It uses our proprietary SimpleStep ELISA® technology. Quantitate Mouse IFN-alpha with 7 pg/ml sensitivity.
SimpleStep ELISA® technology employs capture antibodies conjugated to an affinity tag that is recognized by the monoclonal antibody used to coat our SimpleStep ELISA® plates. This approach to sandwich ELISA allows the formation of the antibody-analyte sandwich complex in a single step, significantly reducing assay time. See the SimpleStep ELISA® protocol summary in the image section for further details. Our SimpleStep ELISA® technology provides several benefits:
- Single-wash protocol reduces assay time to 90 minutes or less
- High sensitivity, specificity and reproducibility from superior antibodies
- Fully validated in biological samples
- 96-wells plate breakable into 12 x 8 wells strips
A 384-well SimpleStep ELISA® microplate (ab203359) is available to use as an alternative to the 96-well microplate provided with SimpleStep ELISA® kits.
PlatformPre-coated microplate (12 x 8 well strips)
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 10X Mouse Interferon alpha 1 Capture Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X Mouse Interferon alpha 1 Detector Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X Wash Buffer PT (ab206977) 1 x 20ml Antibody Diluent 4BR 1 x 6ml Mouse Interferon alpha 1 Lyophilized Recombinant Protein 2 vials Plate Seals 1 unit Sample Diluent NS (ab193972) 1 x 50ml SimpleStep Pre-Coated 96-Well Microplate (ab206978) 1 unit Stop Solution 1 x 12ml TMB Development Solution 1 x 12ml
FunctionProduced by macrophages, IFN-alpha have antiviral activities. Interferon stimulates the production of two enzymes: a protein kinase and an oligoadenylate synthetase.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the alpha/beta interferon family.
- Information by UniProt
- IFN alpha
The IFN-alpha standard curve was prepared as described in Section 10. Raw data values are shown in the table. Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD) are graphed.
SimpleStep ELISA technology allows the formation of the antibody-antigen complex in one single step, reducing assay time to 90 minutes. Add samples or standards and antibody mix to wells all at once, incubate, wash, and add your final substrate. See protocol for a detailed step-by-step guide.
The concentrations of IFN-alpha were measured in duplicates, interpolated from the IFN-alpha standard curves and corrected for sample dilution. Undiluted samples are as follows: serum 50%, plasma (citrate) 50%, plasma (heparin) 50%, and RPMI cell culture media containing 10% fetal bovine serum 100%.
To learn more about the advantages of recombinant antibodies see here.
ab252352 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Lai Y et al. Ganghuo Kanggan Decoction in Influenza: Integrating Network Pharmacology and In Vivo Pharmacological Evaluation. Front Pharmacol 11:607027 (2020). PubMed: 33362562
- Lin C et al. Intratumoral Delivery of a PD-1-Blocking scFv Encoded in Oncolytic HSV-1 Promotes Antitumor Immunity and Synergizes with TIGIT Blockade. Cancer Immunol Res 8:632-647 (2020). PubMed: 32127389
- Xu H et al. Inhibition of TLR4 inhibits allergic responses in murine allergic rhinitis by regulating the NF-?B pathway. Exp Ther Med 18:761-768 (2019). PubMed: 31281453