Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Mov10
- Suitable for: WB, IP, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Mov10 antibody
See all Mov10 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Mov10
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Chimpanzee, Ferret, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residues 953 and 1003 of human Mov10 homolog (NP_066014.1)
- HeLa, 293T and NIH3T3 whole cell lysates.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1.815% Tris, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 0.021% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAntibody was affinity purified using an epitope specific to MOV10 immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab80613 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 114 kDa.|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
RelevanceMOV10 may be an helicase with an important function in development and/or control of cell proliferation. RNA silencing processes are guided by small RNAs known as siRNAs and microRNAs (miRNAs). They reside in ribonucleoprotein complexes, which guide the cleavage of complementary mRNAs or affect stability and translation of partial complementary mRNAs. Argonaute (Ago) proteins are at the heart of silencing effector complexes and bind the single-stranded siRNA and miRNA. Ago1- and Ago2-containing complexes have been purified from human cells, resulting in the discovery of novel factors such as the putative RNA helicase MOV10, and the RNA recognition motif (RRM)-containing protein TNRC6B/KIAA1093. The new proteins localize, similar to Ago proteins, to mRNA-degrading cytoplasmic P bodies, and they are functionally required to mediate miRNA-guided mRNA cleavage.
- DKFZp667O1423 antibody
- FLJ32791 antibody
- fSAP113 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Mov10 antibody (ab80613) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 5 : NIH3T3 whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 114 kDa
Observed band size: 114 kDa
Exposure time: 3 minutes
Immunoprecipitation of HeLa whole cell lysate using ab80613 at 3µg/mg (lane 1) or control IgG (lane 2). Samples were analysed by Western blot using ab80613 at 1µg/ml.
Detection: Chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 30 seconds.
ICC/IF image of ab80613 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab80613, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab80613 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Liu D et al. Effect of P-body component Mov10 on HCV virus production and infectivity. FASEB J N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32496609
- Puray-Chavez MN et al. Effects of Moloney Leukemia Virus 10 Protein on Hepatitis B Virus Infection and Viral Replication. Viruses 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31319455
- Kute PM et al. NMDAR mediated translation at the synapse is regulated by MOV10 and FMRP. Mol Brain 12:65 (2019). PubMed: 31291981
- Fu K et al. Biological and RNA regulatory function of MOV10 in mammalian germ cells. BMC Biol 17:39 (2019). PubMed: 31088452
- Warkocki Z et al. Uridylation by TUT4/7 Restricts Retrotransposition of Human LINE-1s. Cell 174:1537-1548.e29 (2018). PubMed: 30122351
- Wang W et al. Regulation of lipid synthesis by the RNA helicase Mov10 controls Wnt5a production. Oncogenesis 4:e154 (2015). PubMed: 26029828
- Li X et al. The MOV10 helicase inhibits LINE-1 mobility. J Biol Chem 288:21148-60 (2013). PubMed: 23754279
- Liang XH & Crooke ST RNA helicase A is not required for RISC activity. Biochim Biophys Acta 1829:1092-101 (2013). PubMed: 23895878
- Sievers C et al. Mixture models and wavelet transforms reveal high confidence RNA-protein interaction sites in MOV10 PAR-CLIP data. Nucleic Acids Res 40:e160 (2012). PubMed: 22844102