Product nameAnti-MPC1 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MPC1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human MPC1 (internal sequence).
- WB: extracts from COLO and HeLa cells IHC-P: human heart tissue ICC/IF: A549 cells
This product was previously labelled as BRP44L
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74871 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 12 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||1/500 - 1/1000.|
FunctionMediates the uptake of pyruvate into mitochondria.
Involvement in diseaseMitochondrial pyruvate carrier deficiency
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the mitochondrial pyruvate carrier (MPC) (TC 2.A.105) family.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Apoptosis regulating basic protein antibody
- Brain protein 44 like protein antibody
- Brain protein 44-like protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-MPC1 antibody (ab74871) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from COLO cells
Lane 2 : extracts from HeLa cells
Lane 3 : extracts from COLO cells with immunizing peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 12 kDa
Observed band size: 12 kDa
ab74871, at a 1/50 dilution, staining MPC1 in paraffin embedded human heart tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry in the absence (left image) or presence (right image) of the immunizing peptide.
ab74871, at a 1/500 dilution, staining MPC1 in A549 cells by Immunofluorescence in the absence (left image) or presence (right image) of the immunizing peptide.
This product has been referenced in:
- Corbet C et al. Interruption of lactate uptake by inhibiting mitochondrial pyruvate transport unravels direct antitumor and radiosensitizing effects. Nat Commun 9:1208 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29572438) »
- Ma X et al. Function of mitochondrial pyruvate carriers in hepatocellular carcinoma patients. Oncol Lett 15:9110-9116 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29805642) »