Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Mre11 - ChIP Grade
- Suitable for: ChIP
- Reacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12159 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ChIP||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
FunctionComponent of the MRN complex, which plays a central role in double-strand break (DSB) repair, DNA recombination, maintenance of telomere integrity and meiosis. The complex possesses single-strand endonuclease activity and double-strand-specific 3'-5' exonuclease activity, which are provided by MRE11A. RAD50 may be required to bind DNA ends and hold them in close proximity. This could facilitate searches for short or long regions of sequence homology in the recombining DNA templates, and may also stimulate the activity of DNA ligases and/or restrict the nuclease activity of MRE11A to prevent nucleolytic degradation past a given point. The complex may also be required for DNA damage signaling via activation of the ATM kinase. In telomeres the MRN complex may modulate t-loop formation.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in MRE11A are a cause of ataxia telangiectasia-like disorder (ATLD) [MIM:604391]. ATLD is a disease with the same clinical feature than ataxia-telangiectasia but with a somewhat milder clinical course.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MRE11/RAD32 family.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Localizes to discrete nuclear foci after treatment with genotoxic agents.
- Information by UniProt
- AT like disease antibody
- Ataxia telangiectasia disorder like antibody
- ATLD antibody
A yeast strain containing the HO endonuclease gene controlled by a galactose-inducible promoter (uninduced 0 m lanes) was shifted into galactose containing medium (induced 60 m lanes). After 1 hour of induction cells were cross-linked with formaldehyde followed by preparation of sheared chromatin.
Chromatin was immunoprecipitated with the antibody at the stated dilutions. Immunocomplexes were captured using polyacrylamide bead linked secondary antibodies. The resultant immunoprecipitate was probed by multiplex PCR, using primers 20 bp from the MAT locus double strand break (lower arrow) and 67 kb from the break (upper band, control locus). PCR products were displayed on a polyacrylamide gel, stained with SyBR Green (Invitrogen), and detected using a Fuji scanning fluorometer.
ab12159 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Li Y et al. The DNA Repair Nuclease MRE11A Functions as a Mitochondrial Protector and Prevents T Cell Pyroptosis and Tissue Inflammation. Cell Metab 30:477-492.e6 (2019). PubMed: 31327667
- Lu X et al. GLP-catalyzed H4K16me1 promotes 53BP1 recruitment to permit DNA damage repair and cell survival. Nucleic Acids Res 47:10977-10993 (2019). PubMed: 31612207
- Li Z et al. Destabilization of linker histone H1.2 is essential for ATM activation and DNA damage repair. Cell Res 28:756-770 (2018). PubMed: 29844578
- Baek IJ et al. The mre11 A470 alleles influence the hereditability and the segregation of telosomes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS One 12:e0183549 (2017). PubMed: 28886051