Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3471] to Mre11
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Mre11 antibody [EPR3471]
See all Mre11 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3471] to Mre11
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Mre11 aa 450-550. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- K562, HT-29, Jurkat, and HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035). Human cervical carcinoma tissue.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109623 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 81 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionComponent of the MRN complex, which plays a central role in double-strand break (DSB) repair, DNA recombination, maintenance of telomere integrity and meiosis. The complex possesses single-strand endonuclease activity and double-strand-specific 3'-5' exonuclease activity, which are provided by MRE11A. RAD50 may be required to bind DNA ends and hold them in close proximity. This could facilitate searches for short or long regions of sequence homology in the recombining DNA templates, and may also stimulate the activity of DNA ligases and/or restrict the nuclease activity of MRE11A to prevent nucleolytic degradation past a given point. The complex may also be required for DNA damage signaling via activation of the ATM kinase. In telomeres the MRN complex may modulate t-loop formation.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in MRE11A are a cause of ataxia telangiectasia-like disorder (ATLD) [MIM:604391]. ATLD is a disease with the same clinical feature than ataxia-telangiectasia but with a somewhat milder clinical course.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MRE11/RAD32 family.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Localizes to discrete nuclear foci after treatment with genotoxic agents.
- Information by UniProt
- AT like disease antibody
- Ataxia telangiectasia disorder like antibody
- ATLD antibody
All lanes : Anti-Mre11 antibody [EPR3471] (ab109623) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : K562 cell lysate
Lane 2 : HT-29 cell lysate
Lane 3 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 4 : HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 81 kDa
ab109623 at 1/50 dilution staining Mre11 in paraffin-embedded Human cervical carcinoma tissue.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab109623 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Ye C et al. High glucose induces the proliferation of prostatic cells via downregulating MRE11. Int J Mol Med 41:3105-3114 (2018). PubMed: 29532862
- Vadnais C et al. GFI1 facilitates efficient DNA repair by regulating PRMT1 dependent methylation of MRE11 and 53BP1. Nat Commun 9:1418 (2018). PubMed: 29651020
- Tsukagoshi M et al. Overexpression of karyopherin-a2 in cholangiocarcinoma correlates with poor prognosis and gemcitabine sensitivity via nuclear translocation of DNA repair proteins. Oncotarget 8:42159-42172 (2017). PubMed: 28178675
- Altan B et al. High Expression of MRE11-RAD50-NBS1 Is Associated with Poor Prognosis and Chemoresistance in Gastric Cancer. Anticancer Res 36:5237-5247 (2016). PubMed: 27798884