Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to MRP4
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MRP4 antibody
See all MRP4 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to MRP4
Specificityab77184 is expected to recognize MRP4 isoform 1 (NP_005836.2) only.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding with sequence CNGQPSTLTIFETAL from the C terminal region of the human MRP4 protein (NP_005836.2)
- Lysates prepared from rat renal cortex membranes. Human prostate tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, 99% Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab77184 is purified by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab77184 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 170 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 150 kDa).
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 - 6 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionMay be an organic anion pump relevant to cellular detoxification.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed, with particularly high levels in prostate, but is barely detectable in liver.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ABC transporter superfamily. ABCC family. Conjugate transporter (TC 3.A.1.208) subfamily.
Contains 2 ABC transmembrane type-1 domains.
Contains 2 ABC transporter domains.
- Information by UniProt
- ABCC 4 antibody
- ABCC4 antibody
- ATP binding cassette sub family C (CFTR/MRP) member 4 antibody
Anti-MRP4 antibody (ab77184) at 0.5 µg/ml + rat renal cortex membranes at 20 µg
Predicted band size: 150 kDa
Observed band size: 170 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab77184 (4µg/ml) staining of paraffin embedded Human Prostate shows strong cytoplasmic staining in small flat basal cells and weak cytoplasmic staining in the columnar secretory cells of the epithelium. Steamed antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6, HRP-staining.
ab77184, at 2.5 µg/ml, staining MRP4 in paraffin embedded human prostate tissue by Immunohistochemistry. Steamed antigen retrievalUse of ab77184 was followed by AP staining.
ab77184 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Wang H et al. Effects of histone deacetylase inhibitors on ATP-binding cassette transporters in lung cancer A549 and colorectal cancer HCT116 cells. Oncol Lett 18:63-71 (2019). PubMed: 31289473
- Dolezelova E et al. High soluble endoglin levels regulate cholesterol homeostasis and bile acids turnover in the liver of transgenic mice. Life Sci 232:116643 (2019). PubMed: 31299237
- Castella B et al. The ATP-binding cassette transporter A1 regulates phosphoantigen release and V?9Vd2 T cell activation by dendritic cells. Nat Commun 8:15663 (2017). PubMed: 28580927
- Chapy H et al. Blood-brain and retinal barriers show dissimilar ABC transporter impacts and concealed effect of P-glycoprotein on a novel verapamil influx carrier. Br J Pharmacol 173:497-510 (2016). PubMed: 26507673
- Canet MJ et al. Renal xenobiotic transporter expression is altered in multiple experimental models of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. Drug Metab Dispos 43:266-72 (2015). PubMed: 25488932
- Campia I et al. An Autocrine Cytokine/JAK/STAT-Signaling Induces Kynurenine Synthesis in Multidrug Resistant Human Cancer Cells. PLoS One 10:e0126159 (2015). WB . PubMed: 25955018
- Meng R et al. SLC35D3 delivery from megakaryocyte early endosomes is required for platelet dense granule biogenesis and is differentially defective in Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome models. Blood 120:404-14 (2012). PubMed: 22611153
- Xu S et al. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor and NF-E2-related factor 2 are key regulators of human MRP4 expression. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 299:G126-35 (2010). ICC/IF . PubMed: 20395535