Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [M4I-10] to MRP4
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-MRP4 antibody [M4I-10]
See all MRP4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [M4I-10] to MRP4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
This antibody was selected after immunization with a fusion protein containing the E. coli maltose binding protein and a fragment of the human MRP4 protein corresponding to amino acids 372-431.
- Kidney tissue This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human lung adenocarcinoma.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tissue culture supernatant, 0.7% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15602 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/20 - 1/50. Predicted molecular weight: 159 kDa.|
FunctionMay be an organic anion pump relevant to cellular detoxification.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed, with particularly high levels in prostate, but is barely detectable in liver.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ABC transporter superfamily. ABCC family. Conjugate transporter (TC 3.A.1.208) subfamily.
Contains 2 ABC transmembrane type-1 domains.
Contains 2 ABC transporter domains.
- Information by UniProt
- ABCC 4 antibody
- ABCC4 antibody
- ATP binding cassette sub family C (CFTR/MRP) member 4 antibody
All lanes : Anti-MRP4 antibody [M4I-10] (ab15602) at 20 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Wild-type HAP1 whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : ABCC4 (MRP4) knockout HAP1 whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 159 kDa
Lanes 1 - 2: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab15602 observed at 200-250 kDa. Red - loading control, ab176560, observed at 50 kDa.
ab15602 was shown to specifically react with MRP4 in wild-type HAP1 cells as signal was lost in ABCC4 (MRP4) knockout cells. Wild-type and ABCC4 (MRP4) knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Ab15602 and ab176560 (Rabbit anti-alpha Tubulin loading control) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 20 μg/ml and 1/20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rat IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) (ab253031) and Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preabsorbed ab216777 secondary antibodies at 1/20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
HC image of MRP4 staining in Human lung adenocarcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond™ system using the standard protocol B. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab15602, 10µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature. A Goat anti-Rat biotinylated secondary antibody (ab253031) was used to detect the primary, and visualized using an HRP conjugated ABC system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab15602 has been referenced in 27 publications.
- Di Giacomo S et al. Chemosensitization of hepatocellular carcinoma cells to sorafenib by ß-caryophyllene oxide-induced inhibition of ABC export pumps. Arch Toxicol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30659321
- Orellana-Serradell O et al. The transcription factor ZEB1 promotes chemoresistance in prostate cancer cell lines. Asian J Androl N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30880686
- Mun SJ et al. Generation of expandable human pluripotent stem cell-derived hepatocyte-like liver organoids. J Hepatol 71:970-985 (2019). PubMed: 31299272
- Chen JJ et al. MRP4 sustains Wnt/ß-catenin signaling for pregnancy, endometriosis and endometrial cancer. Theranostics 9:5049-5064 (2019). PubMed: 31410201
- Stangl A et al. Regulation of the endosomal SNX27-retromer by OTULIN. Nat Commun 10:4320 (2019). PubMed: 31541095