Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [27E10] to MRP8 + MRP14
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, IA
- Reacts with: Human, Rhesus monkey
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-MRP8 + MRP14 antibody [27E10]
See all MRP8 + MRP14 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [27E10] to MRP8 + MRP14
SpecificityDoes not react with lymphocytes or platelets.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, IAmore details
Unsuitable for: FuncS
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Rhesus monkey
Does not react with: Mouse
Human blood monocytes.
Epitopeab17050 recognises an epitope on the MRP8 + MRP14 complex which is not exposed on the individual subunits.
- Flow Cyt: Human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. IHC-Fr: Human tonsil.
ab17050 can be used for early detection of inflammatory macrophages, characterisation of tumorous tissues and monitoring of peripheral blood cell cultures.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notes0.2 µm filtered
Primary antibody notesab17050 can be used for early detection of inflammatory macrophages, characterisation of tumorous tissues and monitoring of peripheral blood cell cultures.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17050 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IA||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml.|
RelevanceMRP8 and MRP14 are members of the S100 family of proteins containing 2 EF hand calcium binding motifs. S100 proteins are localized in the cytoplasm and/or nucleus of a wide range of cells, and involved in the regulation of a number of cellular processes such as cell cycle progression and differentiation. S100 genes include at least 13 members which are located as a cluster on chromosome 1q21.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Nuclear
- CAGA antibody
- CAGB antibody
- Calgranulin A antibody
Staining of squamous epithelia of frozen human tonsil section with ab17050 at a dilution of 1/100.
Flow cytometric detection of MRP8 + MRP14 in fresh human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) with ab17050. The green and black line represent the isotype control in 2 concentrations, the pink line the secondary antibody only and the green and brown line ab17050 in a concentration of 1 and 3 μl/200000 cells.
ab17050 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Dai J et al. Intracellular S100A9 Promotes Myeloid-Derived Suppressor Cells during Late Sepsis. Front Immunol 8:1565 (2017). PubMed: 29204146
- Val S et al. Proteomic Characterization of Middle Ear Fluid Confirms Neutrophil Extracellular Traps as a Predominant Innate Immune Response in Chronic Otitis Media. PLoS One 11:e0152865 (2016). IF . PubMed: 27078692
- Carrión M et al. IL-22/IL-22R1 axis and S100A8/A9 alarmins in human osteoarthritic and rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts. Rheumatology (Oxford) 52:2177-86 (2013). Human . PubMed: 24056519
- Iqbal SA et al. Identification of fibrocytes from mesenchymal stem cells in keloid tissue: a potential source of abnormal fibroblasts in keloid scarring. Arch Dermatol Res 304:665-71 (2012). PubMed: 22407077
- Trøstrup H et al. S100A8/A9 deficiency in nonhealing venous leg ulcers uncovered by multiplexed antibody microarray profiling. Br J Dermatol 165:292-301 (2011). IHC . PubMed: 21517798
- Akerström B & Björck L Bacterial surface protein L binds and inactivates neutrophil proteins S100A8/A9. J Immunol 183:4583-92 (2009). PubMed: 19752232
- Kuhn A et al. Upregulation of epidermal surface molecule expression in primary and ultraviolet-induced lesions of lupus erythematosus tumidus. Br J Dermatol 146:801-9 (2002). PubMed: 12000376
- Hessian PA & Fisher L The heterodimeric complex of MRP-8 (S100A8) and MRP-14 (S100A9). Antibody recognition, epitope definition and the implications for structure. Eur J Biochem 268:353-63 (2001). PubMed: 11168370
- Zwadlo G et al. A monoclonal antibody to a subset of human monocytes found only in the peripheral blood and inflammatory tissues. J Immunol 137:512-8 (1986). PubMed: 3722815