Product nameAnti-MSH3 antibody
See all MSH3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MSH3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide derived from an internal region of human MSH3.
- Extracts from HUVEC cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab69619 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 127 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 127 kDa).|
FunctionComponent of the post-replicative DNA mismatch repair system (MMR). Heterodimerizes with MSH2 to form MutS beta which binds to DNA mismatches thereby initiating DNA repair. When bound, the MutS beta heterodimer bends the DNA helix and shields approximately 20 base pairs. MutS beta recognizes large insertion-deletion loops (IDL) up to 13 nucleotides long. After mismatch binding, forms a ternary complex with the MutL alpha heterodimer, which is thought to be responsible for directing the downstream MMR events, including strand discrimination, excision, and resynthesis.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in MSH3 are a cause of susceptibility to endometrial cancer (ENDMC) [MIM:608089].
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the DNA mismatch repair mutS family. MSH3 subfamily.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Information by UniProt
- Divergent upstream protein antibody
- DNA mismatch repair protein antibody
- DNA mismatch repair protein Msh 3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-MSH3 antibody (ab69619) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from HUVEC cells
Lane 2 : Extracts from HUVEC cells with immunising peptide at 5 µg
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 127 kDa
Observed band size: 127 kDa
Additional bands at: 100 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
This product has been referenced in:
- Keogh N et al. MutSß abundance and Msh3 ATP hydrolysis activity are important drivers of CTG•CAG repeat expansions. Nucleic Acids Res 45:10068-10078 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28973443) »
- Zhao J et al. Mismatch repair and nucleotide excision repair proteins cooperate in the recognition of DNA interstrand crosslinks. Nucleic Acids Res 37:4420-9 (2009). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19468048) »