Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MSRA
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MSRA antibody
See all MSRA primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MSRA
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Predicted to work with: Macaque monkey
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human MSRA.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium azide
Constituents: HEPES, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.01% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16803 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionHas an important function as a repair enzyme for proteins that have been inactivated by oxidation. Catalyzes the reversible oxidation-reduction of methionine sulfoxide in proteins to methionine.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Highest expression in adult kidney and cerebellum, followed by liver, heart ventricles, bone marrow and hippocampus.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MsrA Met sulfoxide reductase family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm; Cytoplasm. Nucleus and Mitochondrion.
- Information by UniProt
- Cytosolic methionine S sulfoxide reductase antibody
- Methionine sulphoxide reductase A antibody
- Mitochondrial peptide methionine sulfoxide reductase antibody
All lanes : Anti-MSRA antibody (ab16803)
Lane 1 : Mouse Kidney
Lane 2 : Rat Kidney
Predicted band size: 26 kDa
Observed band size: 27 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Western blot using ab16803 at 1/2000.
Lane 1: Mouse kidney
Lane 2: Rat kidney
ab16803 (1µg/ml) staining MSRA in human colon using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong staining of nuclear/cytoplasmic compartment of the intestinal glands cells.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ab16803 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Fan H et al. MsrA Suppresses Inflammatory Activation of Microglia and Oxidative Stress to Prevent Demyelination via Inhibition of the NOX2-MAPKs/NF-?B Signaling Pathway. Drug Des Devel Ther 14:1377-1389 (2020). PubMed: 32308370
- Jankovic A et al. Relation of Redox and Structural Alterations of Rat Skin in the Function of Chronological Aging. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2019:2471312 (2019). PubMed: 30906501
- Wen W et al. Skeletal muscle proteome analysis provides insights on high altitude adaptation of yaks. Mol Biol Rep 46:2857-2866 (2019). PubMed: 30982215
- Steen KA et al. FABP4/aP2 Regulates Macrophage Redox Signaling and Inflammasome Activation via Control of UCP2. Mol Cell Biol 37:N/A (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 27795298
- Liu Y et al. Astragaloside IV rescues MPP+-induced mitochondrial dysfunction through upregulation of methionine sulfoxide reductase A. Exp Ther Med 14:2650-2656 (2017). PubMed: 28962208