Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP2123Y] to MST4 + MST3 + STK25 (phospho T174 + T178 + T190)
- Suitable for: WB, ICC
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-MST4 + MST3 + STK25 (phospho T174 + T178 + T190) antibody [EP2123Y]
See all MST4 + MST3 + STK25 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP2123Y] to MST4 + MST3 + STK25 (phospho T174 + T178 + T190)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICCmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A phospho specific peptide corresponding to residues surrounding threonine 178 of human MST4, theonine 190 of human MST3 and threonine 174 of human STK25.
- HeLa cell lysates treated with calyculin A.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76579 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/1000 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 52 kDa (predicted molecular weight: MST3, 49 kDa; MST4, 47 kDa & STK25, 48 kDa).
Is unsuitable for Flow Cyt, IHC-P or IP.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceNovel human Ste20-related kinase Mst4 is biologically active in the activation of MEK/ERK pathway and in mediating cell growth and transformation. It is pro apoptotic and is highly expressed in placenta, thymus, and peripheral blood leukocytes. Interaction with Golgi matrix protein GOLGA2 results in autophosphorylation on Thr-178, possibly as a consequence of stabilization of dimer formation. This may also be activated by C terminal cleavage. MST3 or Mammalian Sterile 20-like kinase 3 is a member of the germinal center kinase-III family. MST3 contains a conserved kinase domain at its NH(2)-terminus and a regulatory domain at its COOH-terminus. Caspase-mediated cleavage of the regulatory domain of MST3 activates its intrinsic kinase activity and leads to nuclear translocation. Expression of COOH-terminal truncated MST3 in cells results in DNA fragmentation and induction of apoptosis. It can inhibit cell migration in a fashion dependent on autophosphorylation and can regulate paxillin phosphorylation through tyrosine phosphatase PTP-PEST. Mitogen activated protein kinase cascades have been conserved throughout evolution. In mammals, these cascades allow responses to complex stimuli such as growth factors and inflammatory cytokines. In yeast, STK25 functions upstream of the MAPK cascade.
Cellular localizationSTK25 and MST4: Cytoplasmic, Golgi Apparatus MST3: Cytoplasmic
- 0610042I06Rik antibody
- 1500019J11Rik antibody
- AU018434 antibody
All lanes : Anti-MST4 + MST3 + STK25 (phospho T174 + T178 + T190) antibody [EP2123Y] (ab76579) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysates, untreated
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysates, treated with calyculin A
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 47-49 kDa
Observed band size: 52 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab76579 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Mardakheh FK et al. RHO binding to FAM65A regulates Golgi reorientation during cell migration. J Cell Sci 129:4466-4479 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27807006
- Costa B et al. STK25 Protein Mediates TrkA and CCM2 Protein-dependent Death in Pediatric Tumor Cells of Neural Origin. J Biol Chem 287:29285-9 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22782892
- Gordon J et al. Protein phosphatase 2a (PP2A) binds within the oligomerization domain of striatin and regulates the phosphorylation and activation of the mammalian Ste20-Like kinase Mst3. BMC Biochem 12:54 (2011). WB . PubMed: 21985334
- Cornils H et al. Human NDR kinases control G(1)/S cell cycle transition by directly regulating p21 stability. Mol Cell Biol 31:1382-95 (2011). PubMed: 21262772