Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1270Y] to MT4-MMP
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-MT4-MMP antibody [EP1270Y]
See all MT4-MMP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1270Y] to MT4-MMP
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human MT4-MMP aa 150-250 (internal sequence). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Mouse brain lysate, human lymphoma tissue or HeLa cells.
Protein previously labeled as MMP17.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51075 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 58 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 67 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionEndopeptidase that degrades various components of the extracellular matrix, such as fibrin. May be involved in the activation of membrane-bound precursors of growth factors or inflammatory mediators, such as tumor necrosis factor-alpha. May also be involved in tumoral process. Not obvious if able to proteolytically activate progelatinase A. Does not hydrolyze collagen types I, II, III, IV and V, gelatin, fibronectin, laminin, decorin nor alpha1-antitrypsin.
Tissue specificityExpressed in brain, leukocytes, colon, ovary testis and breast cancer. Expressed also in many transformed and non-transformed cell types.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Secreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- Matrix metalloproteinase 17 antibody
- Matrix metalloproteinase 17 membrane inserted antibody
- Matrix metalloproteinase-17 antibody
Anti-MT4-MMP antibody [EP1270Y] (ab51075) at 1/1000 dilution + Mouse brain lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-Rabbit HRP labeled at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 67 kDa
Observed band size: 58 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab51075 (1:50) staining human MT4-MMP in human lymphoma tissue by immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Immunofluorescent staining of HeLa cells using ab51075 (1:50).
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab51075 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Clemente C et al. MT4-MMP deficiency increases patrolling monocyte recruitment to early lesions and accelerates atherosclerosis. Nat Commun 9:910 (2018). PubMed: 29500407
- Herber J et al. Click Chemistry-mediated Biotinylation Reveals a Function for the Protease BACE1 in Modulating the Neuronal Surface Glycoproteome. Mol Cell Proteomics 17:1487-1501 (2018). PubMed: 29716987
- Yip C et al. MT4-MMP and EGFR expression levels are key biomarkers for breast cancer patient response to chemotherapy and erlotinib. Br J Cancer 116:742-751 (2017). PubMed: 28196064
- Hieronimus B et al. Expression and Characterization of Membrane-Type 4 Matrix Metalloproteinase (MT4-MMP) and its Different Forms in Melanoma. Cell Physiol Biochem 42:198-210 (2017). PubMed: 28531887
- Blanco MJ et al. Developmental expression of membrane type 4-matrix metalloproteinase (Mt4-mmp/Mmp17) in the mouse embryo. PLoS One 12:e0184767 (2017). PubMed: 28926609