Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MTA1
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MTA1 antibody
See all MTA1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MTA1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Guinea pig, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Chinese hamster, Orangutan, Xenopus tropicalis, Platypus
A synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residue 665 and the C-terminus (residue 715) of MTA1 (NP_004680.1).
- Whole cell lysate from Hela cells, NIH3T3 cells and 293T cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 6.8
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71153 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 35, 81 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 81 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
|IHC-P||1/500 - 1/2000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionMay be involved in the regulation of gene expression by covalent modification of histone proteins. Isoform Long is a corepressor of estrogen receptor (ER). Isoform Short binds to ER and sequesters it in the cytoplasm and enhances non-genomic responses of ER.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. High expression in brain, ovaries, adrenal glands and virgin mammary glands. Higher in tumors than in adjacent normal tissue from the same individual.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 BAH domain.
Contains 1 ELM2 domain.
Contains 1 GATA-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 SANT domain.
Developmental stageHighly expressed in metastatic cells.
DomainIsoform Short contains a Leu-Arg-Ile-Leu-Leu motif (ER binding motif).
Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- Metastasis associated 1 antibody
- Metastasis associated gene 1 antibody
- Metastasis associated gene 1 protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-MTA1 antibody (ab71153) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate from Hela cells at 50 µg
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate from Hela cells at 15 µg
Lane 3 : Whole cell lysate from Hela cells at 5 µg
Lane 4 : Whole cell lysate from 293T cells at 50 µg
Lane 5 : Whole cell lysate from NIH3T3 cells at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 81 kDa
Observed band size: 81 kDa
Additional bands at: 35 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human non-small cell lung cancer tissue labelling MTA1 with ab71153 at 1/1000 (0.2 µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
Immunoprecipitation/ Western Blot of MTA1
Lane 1: ab71153 at 3µg/mg whole cell lysate. Lane 2: Control IgG.
Whole cell lysate from Hela cells at 1mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded. Subsequent WB detection was performed using 1 µg/ml ab71153.
Chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 1 second.
ICC/IF image of ab71153 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab71153, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab71153 has been referenced in 24 publications.
- Shen SN et al. Down-regulation of long noncoding RNA PVT1 inhibits esophageal carcinoma cell migration and invasion and promotes cell apoptosis via microRNA-145-mediated inhibition of FSCN1. Mol Oncol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31369196
- Xu Y et al. Down-regulation of SOX18 inhibits laryngeal carcinoma cell proliferation, migration, and invasion through JAK2/STAT3 signaling. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31189744
- Xu J et al. Ultrasound-Targeted Microbubble Destruction (UTMD) Combined with Liposome Increases the Effectiveness of Suppressing Proliferation, Migration, Invasion, and Epithelial- Mesenchymal Transition (EMT) via Targeting Metadherin (MTDH) by ShRNA. Med Sci Monit 25:2640-2648 (2019). PubMed: 30969950
- Li YJ et al. Long noncoding RNA ZNF667-AS1 reduces tumor invasion and metastasis in cervical cancer by counteracting microRNA-93-3p-dependent PEG3 downregulation. Mol Oncol 13:2375-2392 (2019). PubMed: 31420931
- Wang T et al. Metastasis-Associated 1 (MTA1) Gene Expression Promotes Angiogenesis in Mouse Xenografts from Human Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) Cells. Med Sci Monit 25:484-491 (2019). PubMed: 30651530