Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab751 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.03 - 0.1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 75 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 81 kDa).|
FunctionMay be involved in the regulation of gene expression by covalent modification of histone proteins. Isoform Long is a corepressor of estrogen receptor (ER). Isoform Short binds to ER and sequesters it in the cytoplasm and enhances non-genomic responses of ER.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. High expression in brain, ovaries, adrenal glands and virgin mammary glands. Higher in tumors than in adjacent normal tissue from the same individual.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 BAH domain.
Contains 1 ELM2 domain.
Contains 1 GATA-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 SANT domain.
Developmental stageHighly expressed in metastatic cells.
DomainIsoform Short contains a Leu-Arg-Ile-Leu-Leu motif (ER binding motif).
Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- Metastasis associated 1 antibody
- Metastasis associated gene 1 antibody
- Metastasis associated gene 1 protein antibody
ab751 at a concentration of 0.5
µg/ml staining approximately 80kDa MTA1 in placental lysate (RIPA buffer, 35 µg total protein per lane) by Western blot (ECL). ab751 at a concentration of 0.5µg/ml staining approximately 80kDa MTA1 in placental lysate (RIPA buffer, 35µg total protein per lane) by Western blot (ECL).
This product has been referenced in:
- Porter LF et al. A role for repressive complexes and H3K9 di-methylation in PRDM5-associated brittle cornea syndrome. Hum Mol Genet 24:6565-79 (2015). IP ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 26395458) »
- Weng W et al. Metastasis-associated protein 1 promotes tumor invasion by downregulation of E-cadherin. Int J Oncol 44:812-8 (2014). Human . Read more (PubMed: 24424621) »