Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MTCO2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MTCO2 antibody
See all MTCO2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MTCO2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human MTCO2 aa 200 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91317 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 21 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa).|
FunctionCytochrome c oxidase is the component of the respiratory chain that catalyzes the reduction of oxygen to water. Subunits 1-3 form the functional core of the enzyme complex. Subunit 2 transfers the electrons from cytochrome c via its binuclear copper A center to the bimetallic center of the catalytic subunit 1.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in MT-CO2 are a cause of mitochondrial complex IV deficiency (MT-C4D) [MIM:220110]; also known as cytochrome c oxidase deficiency. A disorder of the mitochondrial respiratory chain with heterogeneous clinical manifestations, ranging from isolated myopathy to severe multisystem disease affecting several tissues and organs. Features include hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, hepatomegaly and liver dysfunction, hypotonia, muscle weakness, excercise intolerance, developmental delay, delayed motor development and mental retardation. A subset of patients manifest Leigh syndrome.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cytochrome c oxidase subunit 2 family.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- COII antibody
- COX 2 antibody
- COX II antibody
All lanes : Anti-MTCO2 antibody (ab91317) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human liver tissue lysate - total protein (ab29889)
Lane 2 : Human heart tissue lysate - total protein (ab29431)
Lane 3 : Human skeletal muscle tissue lysate - total protein (ab29330)
Lane 4 : Human brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab29466)
Lane 5 : Human testis tissue lysate - total protein (ab30257)
Lane 6 : MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 7 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Observed band size: 21 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 120 kDa, 15 kDa, 65 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 2 minutes
ab91317 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Signes A et al. APOPT1/COA8 assists COX assembly and is oppositely regulated by UPS and ROS. EMBO Mol Med 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30552096
- Jang SC et al. Mitochondrial protein enriched extracellular vesicles discovered in human melanoma tissues can be detected in patient plasma. J Extracell Vesicles 8:1635420 (2019). PubMed: 31497264
- Cowan DB et al. Intracoronary Delivery of Mitochondria to the Ischemic Heart for Cardioprotection. PLoS One 11:e0160889 (2016). IHC-P ; Rabbit . PubMed: 27500955
- Zhuang Y et al. Mitochondrial p53 Contributes to Reovirus-Induced Neuronal Apoptosis and Central Nervous System Injury in a Mouse Model of Viral Encephalitis. J Virol 90:7684-91 (2016). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 27307572
- Spadafora D et al. Methods for Efficient Elimination of Mitochondrial DNA from Cultured Cells. PLoS One 11:e0154684 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27136098
- Kamal RP et al. Emergence of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza A(H5N1) Virus PB1-F2 Variants and Their Virulence in BALB/c Mice. J Virol 89:5835-46 (2015). PubMed: 25787281
- Zhao H et al. Myristoylated methionine sulfoxide reductase A protects the heart from ischemia-reperfusion injury. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 301:H1513-8 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21841012