Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to mTOR (phospho S2448)
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-mTOR (phospho S2448) antibody
See all mTOR primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to mTOR (phospho S2448)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- WB: IGF-1 treated serum starved 293T whole cell lysate. IHC-P: Human kidney tissue, proximal convoluted tubules.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- DNA / RNA
- DNA Damage & Repair
- DNA Damage Response
- DNA Damage Recognition
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1093 in the following tested applications.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 250 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 288 kDa).|
|ELISA||1/6000 - 1/29000. Assayed aginst 0.1 µg of the immunizing peptide and has not been tested against the endogenous protein.|
FunctionKinase subunit of both mTORC1 and mTORC2, which regulates cell growth and survival in response to nutrient and hormonal signals. mTORC1 is activated in response to growth factors or amino-acids. Growth factor-stimulated mTORC1 activation involves AKT1-mediated phosphorylation of TSC1-TSC2, which leads to the activation of the RHEB GTPase that potently activates the protein kinase activity of mTORC1. Amino-acid-signaling to mTORC1 requires its relocalization to the lysosomes mediated by the Ragulator complex and the Rag GTPases. Activated mTORC1 up-regulates protein synthesis by phosphorylating key regulators of mRNA translation and ribosome synthesis. mTORC1 phosphorylates EIF4EBP1 and releases it from inhibiting the elongation initiation factor 4E (eiF4E). mTORC1 phosphorylates and activates S6K1 at 'Thr-421', which then promotes protein synthesis by phosphorylating PDCD4 and targeting it for degradation. Phosphorylates MAF1 leading to attenuation of its RNA polymerase III-repressive function. mTORC2 is also activated by growth. factors, but seems to be nutrient-insensitive. mTORC2 seems to function upstream of Rho GTPases to regulate the actin cytoskeleton, probably by activating one or more Rho-type guanine nucleotide exchange factors. mTORC2 promotes the serum-induced formation of stress-fibers or F-actin. mTORC2 plays a critical role in AKT1 'Ser-473' phosphorylation, which may facilitate the phosphorylation of the activation loop of AKT1 on 'Thr-308' by PDK1 which is a prerequisite for full activation. mTORC2 regulates the phosphorylation of SGK1 at 'Ser-422'. mTORC2 also modulates the phosphorylation of PRKCA on 'Ser-657'.
Tissue specificityExpressed in numerous tissues, with highest levels in testis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PI3/PI4-kinase family.
Contains 1 FAT domain.
Contains 1 FATC domain.
Contains 7 HEAT repeats.
Contains 1 PI3K/PI4K domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated; when part of mTORC1 or mTORC2.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Mitochondrion outer membrane. Lysosome. Cytoplasm. Nucleus > PML body. Shuttles between cytoplasm and nucleus. Accumulates in the nucleus in response to hypoxia (By similarity). Targeting to lysosomes depends on amino acid availability and RRAGA and RRAGB.
- Information by UniProt
- dJ576K7.1 (FK506 binding protein 12 rapamycin associated protein 1) antibody
- FK506 binding protein 12 rapamycin associated protein 1 antibody
- FK506 binding protein 12 rapamycin associated protein 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-mTOR (phospho S2448) antibody (ab1093) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : 24hr serum starved 293T whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : 24hr serum starved 293T whole cell lysate, treated with IGF-1 (100 ng/ml) for 20 mins prior to harvest
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP Goat-anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 288 kDa
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human kidney tissue, (proximal convulted tubules), labeling mTOR using ab1093 at 5 µg/ml (red). Counterstain is hematoxylin.
ab1093 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Teng CF et al. Chemopreventive Effect of Phytosomal Curcumin on Hepatitis B Virus-Related Hepatocellular Carcinoma in A Transgenic Mouse Model. Sci Rep 9:10338 (2019). PubMed: 31316146
- Liu Y et al. Alisol B 23-acetate inhibits the viability and induces apoptosis of non-small cell lung cancer cells via PI3K/AKT/mTOR signal pathway. Mol Med Rep 20:1187-1195 (2019). PubMed: 31173235
- Feng CW et al. Therapeutic Effect of Modulating TREM-1 via Anti-inflammation and Autophagy in Parkinson's Disease. Front Neurosci 13:769 (2019). PubMed: 31440123
- Ortega MA et al. Implication of the PI3K/Akt/mTOR Pathway in the Process of Incompetent Valves in Patients with Chronic Venous Insufficiency and the Relationship with Aging. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2018:1495170 (2018). PubMed: 30057669
- Li G et al. Tanshinone IIA promotes the apoptosis of fibroblast-like synoviocytes in rheumatoid arthritis by up-regulating lncRNA GAS5. Biosci Rep 38:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30232236