Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MTP18
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MTP18 antibody
See all MTP18 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MTP18
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Fusion protein corresponding to Human MTP18 (internal sequence). (BC046132. The identity of the protein fusion partner is GST).
Database link: Q9UDX5
- Mouse heart, muscle, liver and kidney tissue lysates; HeLa and HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900); Human cervical cancer tissue
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.4
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab198217 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/200.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 18 kDa.|
FunctionInvolved in the mitochondrial division probably by regulating membrane fission. Loss-of-function induces the release of cytochrome c, which activates the caspase cascade and leads to apoptosis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MTFP1 family.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- HSPC 242 antibody
- HSPC242 antibody
- Mitochondrial 18 kDa protein antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human cervical cancer tissue labeling MTP18 with ab198217 at 1/30 dilution.
All lanes : Anti-MTP18 antibody (ab198217) at 1/450 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse heart tissue lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse muscle tissue lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 4 : Mouse liver tissue lysate
Lane 5 : Mouse kidney tissue lysate
Lane 6 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 40 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 18 kDa
Exposure time: 5 seconds
ab198217 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Kreymerman A et al. MTP18 is a Novel Regulator of Mitochondrial Fission in CNS Neuron Development, Axonal Growth, and Injury Responses. Sci Rep 9:10669 (2019). PubMed: 31337818
- Long RT et al. Augmenter of Liver Regeneration Alleviates Renal Hypoxia-Reoxygenation Injury by Regulating Mitochondrial Dynamics in Renal Tubular Epithelial Cells. Mol Cells 42:893-905 (2019). PubMed: 31822044
- Wei Q et al. MicroRNA-668 represses MTP18 to preserve mitochondrial dynamics in ischemic acute kidney injury. J Clin Invest 128:5448-5464 (2018). PubMed: 30325740
- Aung LHH et al. Mitochondrial protein 18 (MTP18) plays a pro-apoptotic role in chemotherapy-induced gastric cancer cell apoptosis. Oncotarget 8:56582-56597 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28915614
- Morita M et al. mTOR Controls Mitochondrial Dynamics and Cell Survival via MTFP1. Mol Cell 67:922-935.e5 (2017). PubMed: 28918902