Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MTR4
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MTR4 antibody
See all MTR4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MTR4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human MTR4.
Database link: NP_056175.2
Previously labelled as SKIV2L2.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70551 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 118 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 118 kDa).|
RelevanceMTR4, or superkiller viralicidic activity 2 like 2, may be involved in pre-mRNA splicing. MTR4 is an exosome-associated protein and may be involved in the recruitment of the exosome to pre-rRNA, to mediate the 3' end processing of 5.8S rRNA.
Cellular localizationNucleus, nucleolus.
- 2610528A15Rik antibody
- ATP dependent helicase SKIV2L2 antibody
- Dob1 antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human lung carcinoma tissue labelling MTR4 with ab70551 at 1/200 (1µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
All lanes : Anti-MTR4 antibody (ab70551) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 5 : NIH3T3 whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 118 kDa
Observed band size: 118 kDa
Exposure time: 10 seconds
IHC image of ab70551 staining in human normal tonsil formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab70551, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab70551 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Bugai A et al. P-TEFb Activation by RBM7 Shapes a Pro-survival Transcriptional Response to Genotoxic Stress. Mol Cell 74:254-267.e10 (2019). PubMed: 30824372
- Lingaraju M et al. The MTR4 helicase recruits nuclear adaptors of the human RNA exosome using distinct arch-interacting motifs. Nat Commun 10:3393 (2019). PubMed: 31358741
- Garland W et al. A Functional Link between Nuclear RNA Decay and Transcriptional Control Mediated by the Polycomb Repressive Complex 2. Cell Rep 29:1800-1811.e6 (2019). PubMed: 31722198
- Ebmeier CC & Taatjes DJ Activator-Mediator binding regulates Mediator-cofactor interactions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:11283-8 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20534441