Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [18G102B2E11] to mtTFA - Mitochondrial Marker
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, In-Cell ELISA, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-mtTFA antibody [18G102B2E11] - Mitochondrial Marker
See all mtTFA primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [18G102B2E11] to mtTFA - Mitochondrial Marker
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, In-Cell ELISA, Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Mouse, Rat
This information is considered to be commercially sensitive.
- IHC-P: human liver FFPE tissue sections
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: HEPES buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
Purification notesPurity is near homogeneity as judged by SDS-PAGE. ab119684 was produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then concentrated by ammonium sulfate precipitation.
Light chain typekappa
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Nucleotide metabolism
- Molecular processes
- Mitochondrial transcription
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119684 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 29 kDa.|
|In-Cell ELISA||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
ab170192 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2b, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionBinds to the mitochondrial light strand promoter and functions in mitochondrial transcription regulation. Required for accurate and efficient promoter recognition by the mitochondrial RNA polymerase. Promotes transcription initiation from the HSP1 and the light strand promoter by binding immediately upstream of transcriptional start sites. Is able to unwind and bend DNA. Required for maintenance of normal levels of mitochondrial DNA. May play a role in organizing and compacting mitochondrial DNA. target DNA. Interacts with TFB1M and TFB2M.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 HMG box DNA-binding domains.
- Information by UniProt
- anscription factor 6-like 1 antibody
- Mitochondrial transcription factor 1 antibody
- mitochondrial transcription factor A antibody
All lanes : Anti-mtTFA antibody [18G102B2E11] - Mitochondrial Marker (ab119684) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : recombinant mtTFA (ab103784) at 0.025 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 30 µg
All lanes : HRP-conjugated Goat polyclonal to mouse IgG at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size: 29 kDa
Immunocytochemistry image of ab119684 stained human HDFn cells. The cells were paraformaldehyde fixed (4%, 20 min) and Triton X-100 permeabilized (0.1%, 15min). The cells were incubated with the antibody (18G102B2E11, 1µg/ml) for 2h at room temperature. The secondary antibody was (green) 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. 10% Goat serum was used as the blocking agent for all blocking steps. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue). mtTFA localizes to the mitochondria.
HeLa cells were stained with 2 µg/mL mtTFA antibody (ab119684) (blue) or an equal amount of an isotype control antibody (red) and analyzed by flow cytometry.
IHC image of mtTFA staining in human liver HCC formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab119684, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab119684 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Li Q et al. Ochratoxin A causes mitochondrial dysfunction, apoptotic and autophagic cell death and also induces mitochondrial biogenesis in human gastric epithelium cells. Arch Toxicol 93:1141-1155 (2019). PubMed: 30903243
- Li H et al. Mitochondrial dysfunction and mitophagy defect triggered by heterozygous GBA mutations. Autophagy 15:113-130 (2019). PubMed: 30160596
- Popov DV et al. Effect of aerobic training on baseline expression of signaling and respiratory proteins in human skeletal muscle. Physiol Rep 6:e13868 (2018). PubMed: 30198217
- Peter B et al. Defective mitochondrial protease LonP1 can cause classical mitochondrial disease. Hum Mol Genet 27:1743-1753 (2018). PubMed: 29518248
- Vincent AE et al. Subcellular origin of mitochondrial DNA deletions in human skeletal muscle. Ann Neurol 84:289-301 (2018). PubMed: 30014514