Product nameAnti-mtTFA antibody
See all mtTFA primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to mtTFA
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to a region within amino acids 1-246 of Human mtTFA (Q00059)
- 293T cell extract, A431 cell extract, HeLa cell extract, HepG2 cell extract, methanol-fixed HeLa cells, paraffin-embedded U87 xenograft
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: PBS, 20% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Nucleotide metabolism
- Molecular processes
- Mitochondrial transcription
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab155240 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 29 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/1000.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/1000.|
FunctionBinds to the mitochondrial light strand promoter and functions in mitochondrial transcription regulation. Required for accurate and efficient promoter recognition by the mitochondrial RNA polymerase. Promotes transcription initiation from the HSP1 and the light strand promoter by binding immediately upstream of transcriptional start sites. Is able to unwind and bend DNA. Required for maintenance of normal levels of mitochondrial DNA. May play a role in organizing and compacting mitochondrial DNA. target DNA. Interacts with TFB1M and TFB2M.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 HMG box DNA-binding domains.
- Information by UniProt
- anscription factor 6-like 1 antibody
- Mitochondrial transcription factor 1 antibody
- mitochondrial transcription factor A antibody
All lanes : Anti-mtTFA antibody (ab155240) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : 293T whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : A431 whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : HepG2 whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 29 kDa
Immunofluorescence analysis of methanol-fixed HeLa cells labeling mtTFA using ab155240 antibody at 1/500 dilution.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded U87 xenograft labeling mtTFA using ab155240 antibody at 1/500 dilution.
This product has been referenced in:
- Lia D et al. Mitochondrial maintenance under oxidative stress depends on mitochondrially localised a-OGG1. J Cell Sci 131:N/A (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29848661) »
- Vishnyakova PA et al. Alterations in antioxidant system, mitochondrial biogenesis and autophagy in preeclamptic myometrium. BBA Clin 8:35-42 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28736722) »