Product nameAnti-MTTP/MTP antibody
See all MTTP/MTP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MTTP/MTP
SpecificityReactivity with human samples appears to be lot-dependent. A user reported strong western blot reactivity with a mouse cell lysate but none with a human HepG2 lysate.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse MTTP/MTP (C terminal).
This product was previously labelled as MTTP
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75316 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/200 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 99 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 99 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionCatalyzes the transport of triglyceride, cholesteryl ester, and phospholipid between phospholipid surfaces. Required for the secretion of plasma lipoproteins that contain apolipoprotein B.
Tissue specificityLiver and small intestine. Also found in ovary, testis and kidney.
Involvement in diseaseAbetalipoproteinemia
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 vitellogenin domain.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum.
- Information by UniProt
- ABL antibody
- Microsomal triglyceride transfer protein (large polypeptide 88kDa) antibody
- Microsomal triglyceride transfer protein 88kD antibody
Anti-MTTP/MTP antibody (ab75316) at 1/500 dilution + Liver (Mouse) Tissue Lysate at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 99 kDa
Observed band size: 99 kDa
Additional bands at: 40 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 1 minute
This product has been referenced in:
- Cao XF et al. High-fat diet induces aberrant hepatic lipid secretion in blunt snout bream by activating endoplasmic reticulum stress-associated IRE1/XBP1 pathway. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Biol Lipids 1864:213-223 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30553054) »
- Tran DD et al. Treatment with MAPKAP2 (MK2) inhibitor and DNA methylation inhibitor, 5-aza dC, synergistically triggers apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) via tristetraprolin (TTP). Cell Signal 28:1872-1880 (2016). Read more (PubMed: 27619201) »