Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Mu Opioid Receptor
- Suitable for: ICC, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Mu Opioid Receptor antibody
See all Mu Opioid Receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Mu Opioid Receptor
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Predicted to work with: Human
- WB: Rat brain lysates. ICC: Neuro-2A cells.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17934 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa.
1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa.
FunctionInhibits neurotransmitter release by reducing calcium ion currents and increasing potassium ion conductance. Receptor for beta-endorphin.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- hMOP antibody
- LMOR antibody
- M-OR-1 antibody
Anti-Mu Opioid Receptor antibody (ab17934) at 1/1000 dilution + Rat brain lysates
Goat anti-rabbit IgG HRP conjugate.
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
SDS-PAGE on a 10% Tris-glycine gel
Neuro-2A cells stained for Mu Opioid Receptor (green) using ab17934 at 1/250 dilution in ICC/IF. It was followed by Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) Superclonal™ Secondary Antibody, Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugate at 1/2000 dilution for 45 minutes at room temperature (Panel a). Nuclei (Panel b: blue) were stained with SlowFade® Gold Antifade Mountant with DAPI. F-actin (Panel c: red) was stained with Rhodamine Phalloidin at 1/300 dilution. Panel d represents the merged image showing membranous localization. Panel e shows the no primary antibody control.
ab17934 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhang JJ et al. Inhibition of mu-opioid receptor suppresses proliferation of hepatocellular carcinoma cells via CD147-p53-MAPK cascade signaling pathway. Am J Transl Res 13:3967-3986 (2021). PubMed: 34149993
- Blackwood CA et al. Molecular Adaptations in the Rat Dorsal Striatum and Hippocampus Following Abstinence-Induced Incubation of Drug Seeking After Escalated Oxycodone Self-Administration. Mol Neurobiol 56:3603-3615 (2019). PubMed: 30155791
- Seoane-Collazo P et al. Central nicotine induces browning through hypothalamic ? opioid receptor. Nat Commun 10:4037 (2019). PubMed: 31492869
- Blackwood CA et al. Escalated Oxycodone Self-Administration and Punishment: Differential Expression of Opioid Receptors and Immediate Early Genes in the Rat Dorsal Striatum and Prefrontal Cortex. Front Neurosci 13:1392 (2019). PubMed: 31998063
- Hubbs AF et al. Accumulation of Ubiquitin and Sequestosome-1 Implicate Protein Damage in Diacetyl-Induced Cytotoxicity. Am J Pathol N/A:N/A (2016). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 27643531
- Leoncikas V et al. Generation of 2,000 breast cancer metabolic landscapes reveals a poor prognosis group with active serotonin production. Sci Rep 6:19771 (2016). PubMed: 26813959
- Niwa H et al. Evaluation of primary opioid receptor antibodies for use in western blotting. Br J Anaesth 108:530-2 (2012). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 22337965