Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MUC2
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MUC2 antibody
See all MUC2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MUC2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: RatDoes not react with: Mouse
Synthetic MUC2 peptide (Human) 23 amino acids long.
- Human colon carcinoma; LS 174 T colon cancer cell line.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 1.16% Sodium chloride, 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76774 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionCoats the epithelia of the intestines, airways, and other mucus membrane-containing organs. Thought to provide a protective, lubricating barrier against particles and infectious agents at mucosal surfaces. Major constituent of both the inner and outer mucus layers of the colon and may play a role in excluding bacteria from the inner mucus layer.
Tissue specificityColon, small intestine, colonic tumors, bronchus, cervix and gall bladder.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 CTCK (C-terminal cystine knot-like) domain.
Contains 1 TIL (trypsin inhibitory-like) domain.
Contains 2 VWFC domains.
Contains 4 VWFD domains.
May undergo proteolytic cleavage in the outer mucus layer of the colon, contributing to the expanded volume and loose nature of this layer which allows for bacterial colonization in contrast to the inner mucus layer which is dense and devoid of bacteria.
At low pH of 6 and under, undergoes autocatalytic cleavage in vitro in the N-terminal region of the fourth VWD domain. It is likely that this also occurs in vivo and is triggered by the low pH of the late secretory pathway.
Cellular localizationSecreted. In the intestine, secreted into the inner and outer mucus layers.
- Information by UniProt
- Intestinal mucin 2 antibody
- Intestinal mucin-2 antibody
- MLP antibody
ab76774 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Liu W et al. Dynamic characterization of intestinal metaplasia in the gastric corpus mucosa of Atp4a-deficient mice. Biosci Rep 40:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31904088
- Ma C et al. Gasdermin D in macrophages restrains colitis by controlling cGAS-mediated inflammation. Sci Adv 6:eaaz6717 (2020). PubMed: 32671214
- Castillo-Azofeifa D et al. Atoh1+ secretory progenitors possess renewal capacity independent of Lgr5+ cells during colonic regeneration. EMBO J 38:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30635334
- Liu W et al. Weipiling ameliorates gastric precancerous lesions in Atp4a-/- mice. BMC Complement Altern Med 19:318 (2019). PubMed: 31744486
- Dai F et al. Expression of inositol-requiring enzyme 1ß is downregulated in azoxymethane/dextran sulfate sodium-induced mouse colonic tumors. Exp Ther Med 17:3181-3188 (2019). PubMed: 30936991