Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [19.4E] to MUC5B
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-MUC5B antibody [19.4E]
See all MUC5B primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [19.4E] to MUC5B
Does not react with human Mucin 5A or 5C.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human MUC5B (N terminal). Un-glycosylated, serine and threonine free synthetic peptide from the N terminal region of human MUC5B.
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 31st May 2019. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our scientific support team.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab77995 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
FunctionGel-forming mucin that is thought to contribute to the lubricating and viscoelastic properties of whole saliva and cervical mucus.
Tissue specificityExpressed on surface airway epithelia. Expressed mainly in mucous cells of submucosal glands of airway tissues. Highly expressed in the sublingual gland. Also found in submaxillary glands, endocervix, gall bladder, and pancreas.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 CTCK (C-terminal cystine knot-like) domain.
Contains 3 HAT repeats.
Contains 3 TIL (trypsin inhibitory-like) domains.
Contains 3 VWFC domains.
Contains 4 VWFD domains.
DomainThe cysteine residues in the Cys-rich subdomain repeats are not involved in disulfide bonding.
modificationsHighly glycosylated. C-, N- and O-glycosylated. C-mannosylated in the Cys-rich subdomains probably on the first Trp residue of the WXXW motif. Highly O-glycosylated in the Ser/Thr-rich tandem repeat (TR) region. The repeat region is about 59% O-glycosylated with a high abundance of NeuAc(2)Hex(1)HexNac1-ol.
- Information by UniProt
- 2300002I04Rik antibody
- A130042M24 antibody
- AV085033 antibody
ab77995 staining MUC5B in murine asthma lung tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde, followed by incubation with the primary antibody at 4µg/ml for 16 hours at 4°C. ab77995 was coupled to biotin and Streptavidin 488 (1/250) was used to amplify the signal. Counterstained with DAPI (blue).
This image was generated using the ascites version of the product.
ab77995 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Glisinski KM et al. Interleukin-13 disrupts type 2 pneumocyte stem cell activity. JCI Insight 5:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31941839
- Galoian K et al. Toll like receptors TLR1/2, TLR6 and MUC5B as binding interaction partners with cytostatic proline rich polypeptide 1 in human chondrosarcoma. Int J Oncol 52:139-154 (2018). PubMed: 29138803
- Bücker R et al. Establishment of a Mucin Secreting Cell Line Cx-03 from an Uterine Carcino Sarcoma. Pharm Res 36:7 (2018). PubMed: 30411161
- Gahring LC et al. Nicotinic alpha 7 receptor expression and modulation of the lung epithelial response to lipopolysaccharide. PLoS One 12:e0175367 (2017). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . PubMed: 28384302
- Lachowicz-Scroggins ME et al. Abnormalities in MUC5AC and MUC5B Protein in Airway Mucus in Asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 194:1296-1299 (2016). PubMed: 27845589
- Ito Y et al. MUC5B mucin production is upregulated by fibronectin and laminin in human lung epithelial cells via the integrin and ERK dependent pathway. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 79:1794-801 (2015). PubMed: 26057585
- Li Y et al. Aberrant Mucin5B expression in lung adenocarcinomas detected by iTRAQ labeling quantitative proteomics and immunohistochemistry. Clin Proteomics 10:15 (2013). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 24176033
- Kim D et al. Expression of MUC1, MUC2, MUC5AC and MUC5B in Mucinous Lesions of the Breast. Pathobiology 79:144-53 (2012). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 22269464