Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [1-13M1] to Mucin 5AC
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ELISA, WB, ICC
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Mucin 5AC antibody [1-13M1]
See all Mucin 5AC primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1-13M1] to Mucin 5AC
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ELISA, WB, ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Mucin isolated from an ovarian cyst fluid (pure endocervical type according to the Fenoglio's classification) (Human).
EpitopeThe epitope is destroyed by beta-mercaptoethanol.
- Human intestine and stomach
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24070 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 585 kDa.|
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceMucins are high molecular weight glycoproteins with 80% carbohydrates and 20% core protein. Gastric Mucin 5AC antigen is found in columnar mucus cells of surface gastric epithelium and in goblet cells of the fetal and precancerous colon but not in normal colon. Resurgence of gastric mucin during colonic carcinogenesis is suggestive of either re-expression of the peptide core of gastric mucin in the adult colon or due to changes in the glycosylation pattern of mucin, which expose the hidden Mucin 5AC antigen.
Cellular localizationSecreted; Cytoplasmic and cell surface
- Apomucin antibody
- Apomucin Major Airway Glycoprotein antibody
- Gastric mucin antibody
Overlay histogram showing A549 cells stained with ab24070 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab24070, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab24070 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Lai X et al. IL-19 Up-Regulates Mucin 5AC Production in Patients With Chronic Rhinosinusitis via STAT3 Pathway. Front Immunol 10:1682 (2019). PubMed: 31379870
- Stinson SE et al. D prostanoid receptor 2 (chemoattractant receptor-homologous molecule expressed on TH2 cells) protein expression in asthmatic patients and its effects on bronchial epithelial cells. J Allergy Clin Immunol 135:395-406 (2015). PubMed: 25312757
- Wan LY et al. Modulation of Mucin mRNA (MUC5AC and MUC5B) Expression and Protein Production and Secretion in Caco-2/HT29-MTX Co-cultures Following Exposure to Individual and Combined Fusarium Mycotoxins. Toxicol Sci 139:83-98 (2014). PubMed: 24496642
- Lee H et al. DA-6034-induced mucin secretion via Ca2+-dependent pathways through P2Y receptor stimulation. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 55:6565-74 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25212776
- Haslene-Hox H et al. Increased WD-repeat containing protein 1 in interstitial fluid from ovarian carcinomas shown by comparative proteomic analysis of malignant and healthy gynecological tissue. Biochim Biophys Acta 1834:2347-59 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23707566