Product nameMUG, Fluorescent beta-glucuronidase substrate
DescriptionFluorescent beta-glucuronidase substrate.
- 4-Methylumbelliferone glucuronide
- 4-Methylumbelliferyl beta-D-glucuronide
- 4-Methylumbelliferyl beta-glucuronide
Fluorescent substrate for β-glucuronidase. Once cleaved, yields a blue fluorescent end product that can be monitored by UV light. Typically used in the β-glucuronidase (GUS) reporter system, for fluorescent detection of β-glucuronidase gene expression in Escherichia coli and transformed plants.
Chemical name4-Methyl-2-oxo-2H-1-benzopyran-7-yl-β-D-glucopyranosiduronic acid
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Sadat Ebrahimi MM et al. Rapid Detection of Escherichia coli via Enzymatically Triggered Reactions in Self-Reporting Chitosan Hydrogels. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 7:20190-9 (2015). Read more (PubMed: 26322857) »
- Neidhardt S et al. Evaluation of MUG-supplemented media for the detection of E. coli in recreational water surveillance. Zentralbl Hyg Umweltmed 198:152-64 (1995). Read more (PubMed: 9353534) »