Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [MUM1p] to MUM1
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-MUM1 antibody [MUM1p]
See all MUM1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MUM1p] to MUM1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human MUM1.
Database link: Q15306
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.3
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tissue culture supernatant, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12501 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionTranscriptional activator. Binds to the interferon-stimulated response element (ISRE) of the MHC class I promoter. Binds the immunoglobulin lambda light chain enhancer, together with PU.1. Probably plays a role in ISRE-targeted signal transduction mechanisms specific to lymphoid cells.
Tissue specificityLymphoid cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in IRF4 are a cause of multiple myeloma (MM) [MIM:254500]. MM is a malignant tumor of plasma cells usually arising in the bone marrow and characterized by diffuse involvement of the skeletal system, hyperglobulinemia, Bence-Jones proteinuria and anemia. Complications of multiple myeloma are bone pain, hypercalcemia, renal failure and spinal cord compression. The aberrant antibodies that are produced lead to impaired humoral immunity and patients have a high prevalence of infection. Amyloidosis may develop in some patients. Multiple myeloma is part of a spectrum of diseases ranging from monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS) to plasma cell leukemia. Note=A chromosomal aberration involving IRF4 is found in multiple myeloma. Translocation t(6;14)(p25;q32) with the IgH locus.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IRF family.
Contains 1 IRF tryptophan pentad repeat DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Interferon regulatory factor 4 antibody
- IRF 4 antibody
- IRF-4 antibody
IHC image of ab12501 staining in human Hodgkin's lymphoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab12501, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab12501 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Tessier-Cloutier B et al. Cell of origin in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in systemic lupus erythematosus: molecular and clinical factors associated with survival. Lupus Sci Med 6:e000324 (2019). PubMed: 31205728
- Kinoshita M et al. Different spatial distribution between germinal center B and non-germinal center B primary central nervous system lymphoma revealed by magnetic resonance group analysis. Neuro Oncol 16:728-34 (2014). Human . PubMed: 24497406
- Aguilera NS et al. Activation-induced cytidine deaminase expression in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma with a paracortical growth pattern: a lymphoma of possible interfollicular large B-cell origin. Arch Pathol Lab Med 134:449-56 (2010). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 20196672
- Fridberg M et al. Protein expression and cellular localization in two prognostic subgroups of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: Higher expression of ZAP70 and PKC-beta II in the non-germinal center group and poor survival in patients deficient in nuclear PTEN. Leuk Lymphoma 48:2221-32 (2007). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 17926183
- Fukushima N et al. Clinico-pathological characteristics of p63 expression in B-cell lymphoma. Cancer Sci 97:1050-5 (2006). PubMed: 16918993