Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [8H4] to Mumps nucleoprotein
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-Mumps nucleoprotein antibody [8H4]
See all Mumps nucleoprotein primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [8H4] to Mumps nucleoprotein
SpecificityRecognises recombinant yeast-derived mumps NP. Recognises native NP in mumps virus infected Vero cells. This antibody has been tested on 3 different mumps virus strains isolated in the UK: 55799-98, SJ801-95 and Gloucester.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Other species
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 28/11/2017. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 6.8
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Light chain typeunknown
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9876 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/1 - 1/20.
1/1 - 1/20.
- NP antibody
- Nucleocapsid protein antibody
- Nucleoprotein antibody
ab9876 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Wu H et al. Mumps virus infection disrupts blood-testis barrier through the induction of TNF-a in Sertoli cells. FASEB J 33:12528-12540 (2019). PubMed: 31450968
- Wu H et al. Mouse Testicular Cell Type-Specific Antiviral Response against Mumps Virus Replication. Front Immunol 8:117 (2017). PubMed: 28239382
- Jiang Q et al. C-X-C motif chemokine ligand 10 produced by mouse Sertoli cells in response to mumps virus infection induces male germ cell apoptosis. Cell Death Dis 8:e3146 (2017). Mouse . PubMed: 29072682
- Wu H et al. Mumps virus-induced innate immune responses in mouse Sertoli and Leydig cells. Sci Rep 6:19507 (2016). PubMed: 26776505
- Ma TM et al. Serine racemase regulated by binding to stargazin and PSD-95: potential N-methyl-D-aspartate-a-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid (NMDA-AMPA) glutamate neurotransmission cross-talk. J Biol Chem 289:29631-41 (2014). WB . PubMed: 25164819
- Samuel D et al. High level expression of recombinant mumps nucleoprotein in Saccharomyces cerevisiae and its evaluation in mumps IgM serology. J Med Virol 66:123-30 (2002). PubMed: 11748668