Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Munc18-1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Dog
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Munc18-1 antibody
See all Munc18-1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Munc18-1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Dog
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Cow, Human, Pig
- Rat whole brain extract.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3451 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 67 kDa.
By Western blot, this antibody detects an ~67 kDa protein representing Munc-18 from rat whole brain extract.
FunctionMay participate in the regulation of synaptic vesicle docking and fusion, possibly through interaction with GTP-binding proteins. Essential for neurotransmission and binds syntaxin, a component of the synaptic vesicle fusion machinery probably in a 1:1 ratio. Can interact with syntaxins 1, 2, and 3 but not syntaxin 4. May play a role in determining the specificity of intracellular fusion reactions.
Tissue specificityBrain and spinal cord. Highly enriched in axons.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in STXBP1 are the cause of epileptic encephalopathy early infantile type 4 (EIEE4) [MIM:612164]. Affected individuals have neonatal or infantile onset of seizures, suppression-burst pattern on EEG, profound mental retardation, and MRI evidence of hypomyelination.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the STXBP/unc-18/SEC1 family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- FLJ37475 antibody
- Munc 18 1 antibody
- Munc 18a antibody
Anti-Munc18-1 antibody (ab3451) at 1/5000 dilution + Mouse hippocampal homogenate at 5 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97069) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 67 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 1 minute
Western blot of Munc-18 in rat brain homogenate immunoprecipitated with ab3451.
1. Extract only.
2-4. 750 ug of extract immunoprecipitated with 1 ug, 5 ug, and 10 ug of ab3451, respectively.
ab3451 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Henderson BW et al. Rho-associated protein kinase 1 (ROCK1) is increased in Alzheimer's disease and ROCK1 depletion reduces amyloid-ß levels in brain. J Neurochem 138:525-31 (2016). PubMed: 27246255
- Wagnon JL et al. CELF4 regulates translation and local abundance of a vast set of mRNAs, including genes associated with regulation of synaptic function. PLoS Genet 8:e1003067 (2012). WB, IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . PubMed: 23209433
- Kim K et al. Munc18b is an essential gene in mice whose expression is limiting for secretion by airway epithelial and mast cells. Biochem J 446:383-94 (2012). PubMed: 22694344
- Ramos C et al. Native pre-synaptic metabotropic glutamate receptor 4 (mGluR4)interacts with exocytosis proteins in rat cerebellum. J Biol Chem : (2012). WB . PubMed: 22528491
- Bajor M et al. Synaptic cell adhesion molecule-2 and collapsin response mediator protein-2 are novel members of the matrix metalloproteinase-9 degradome. J Neurochem 122:775-88 (2012). PubMed: 22694054
- Procino G et al. AQP2 exocytosis in the renal collecting duct -- involvement of SNARE isoforms and the regulatory role of Munc18b. J Cell Sci 121:2097-106 (2008). WB, ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 18505797