Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MURF1
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MURF1 antibody
See all MURF1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MURF1
Specificityab183094 detects endogenous level of total MURF1 protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Human esophagus cancer tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol
(without Mg2+ and Ca2+)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Cell Biology
- Proteolysis / Ubiquitin
- Proteasome / Ubiquitin
- Ubiquitin E3 Enzymes
- RING Finger E3 Ligase
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab183094 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/25 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 40 kDa.|
FunctionE3 ubiquitin ligase. Regulates proteasomal degradation of cardiac troponin I/TNNI3 and probably of other sarcomeric-associated proteins. May play a role in striated muscle atrophy and hypertrophy by regulating an anti-hypertrophic PKC-mediated signaling pathway. May regulate the organization of myofibrils through TTN in muscle cells.
Tissue specificityMuscle specific. Selectively expressed in heart and skeletal muscle. Also expressed in the iris.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 B box-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 COS domain.
Contains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
Developmental stageExpressed throughout all developmental stages.
DomainThe RING-type zinc finger mediates interaction with SUMO2 and localization to the nucleus. Also required for the E3 ubiquitin ligase activity.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Localizes to the M- and Z-lines in skeletal muscle. Colocalizes with TNNI3 in myocytes.
- Information by UniProt
- E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase TRIM63 antibody
- FLJ32380 antibody
- IRF antibody
Anti-MURF1 antibody (ab183094) at 1/1050 dilution + lysate at 40 µg
Goat anti Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 40 kDa
Exposure time: 50 seconds
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human esophagus cancer tissue labeling MURF1 using ab183094 at a 1/60 dilution, Image on the right is treated with the synthetic peptide (original magnification: ×200).
ab183094 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Ahmad N et al. MicroRNA-672-5p Identified during Weaning Reverses Osteopenia and Sarcopenia in Ovariectomized Mice. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 14:536-549 (2019). PubMed: 30769134
- Adhikary S et al. FGF-2 targets sclerostin in bone and myostatin in skeletal muscle to mitigate the deleterious effects of glucocorticoid on musculoskeletal degradation. Life Sci 229:261-276 (2019). PubMed: 31082400
- Belova SP et al. Paradoxical effect of IKKß inhibition on the expression of E3 ubiquitin ligases and unloading-induced skeletal muscle atrophy. Physiol Rep 5:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28839114