Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to MURF2
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MURF2 antibody
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to MURF2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Dog, Pig
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4387 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionMay regulate gene expression and protein turnover in muscle cells.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in muscle. Low-level expression in liver.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 B box-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 COS domain.
Contains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Nuclear under atrophic conditions and upon mechanical signals. Localizes to the sarcomeric M-band in cardiomyocytes. Colocalizes in part with microtubules.
- Information by UniProt
- MURF 2 antibody
- MURF-2 antibody
- MuRF2 antibody
ab4387 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- He J et al. MuRF2 regulates PPAR?1 activity to protect against diabetic cardiomyopathy and enhance weight gain induced by a high fat diet. Cardiovasc Diabetol 14:97 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26242235
- Cullup T et al. Recessive mutations in EPG5 cause Vici syndrome, a multisystem disorder with defective autophagy. Nat Genet 45:83-7 (2013). PubMed: 23222957
- Perera S et al. Developmental regulation of MURF E3 ubiquitin ligases in skeletal muscle. J Muscle Res Cell Motil 33:107-22 (2012). PubMed: 22426552
- Perera S et al. Developmental regulation of MURF ubiquitin ligases and autophagy proteins nbr1, p62/SQSTM1 and LC3 during cardiac myofibril assembly and turnover. Dev Biol 351:46-61 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21185285
- Willis MS et al. Muscle ring finger 1, but not muscle ring finger 2, regulates cardiac hypertrophy in vivo. Circ Res 100:456-9 (2007). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 17272810