Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [MTA30 2G10/3] to Mus81
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IP, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-Mus81 antibody [MTA30 2G10/3]
See all Mus81 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MTA30 2G10/3] to Mus81
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IP, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Mouse
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesfrom TCS
Clone numberMTA30 2G10/3
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14387 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 23144634|
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 64 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 66 kDa). Tested on both recombinant protein and whole cell extract.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 0.5µg for 106 cells.
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionInteracts with EME1 and EME2 to form a DNA structure-specific endonuclease with substrate preference for branched DNA structures with a 5'-end at the branch nick. Typical substrates include 3'-flap structures, replication forks and nicked Holliday junctions. May be required in mitosis for the processing of stalled or collapsed replication forks.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the XPF family.
Contains 1 ERCC4 domain.
Developmental stageExpressed in S phase and G2 phase.
Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleolus. Recruited to foci of DNA damage in S-phase cells.
- Information by UniProt
- Crossover junction endonuclease MUS81 antibody
- FLJ21012 antibody
- FLJ44872 antibody
Anti-Mus81 antibody [MTA30 2G10/3] (ab14387) at 1/1000 dilution + HeLa cell lysate
Predicted band size: 66 kDa
Observed band size: 64 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab14387 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab14387, 0.5µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab14387 staining Mus81 in GM00637 Human fibroblast cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.4% Triton X-100 and blocked with 10% FCS for 20 minutes at 25°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in PBS) for 1 hour 30 minutes at 37°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Chicken anti-mouse polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody (1/600).
ab14387 has been referenced in 35 publications.
- Panier S et al. SLX4IP Antagonizes Promiscuous BLM Activity during ALT Maintenance. Mol Cell 76:27-43.e11 (2019). PubMed: 31447390
- Mason JM et al. Non-enzymatic roles of human RAD51 at stalled replication forks. Nat Commun 10:4410 (2019). PubMed: 31562309
- Xu M et al. Nuclear receptors regulate alternative lengthening of telomeres through a novel noncanonical FANCD2 pathway. Sci Adv 5:eaax6366 (2019). PubMed: 31633027
- Lv J et al. Feedback regulation of methyl methanesulfonate and ultraviolet-sensitive gene clone 81 via ATM/Chk2 pathway contributes to the resistance of MCF-7 breast cancer cells to cisplatin. Tumour Biol 39:1010428317694307 (2017). PubMed: 28347251
- Meisenberg C et al. Epigenetic changes in histone acetylation underpin resistance to the topoisomerase I inhibitor irinotecan. Nucleic Acids Res 45:1159-1176 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28180300