For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
Hi, I am wondering whether this musashi antibody is predicted to work in Xenopus laevis or Xenopus tropical is? I did noticed that 21628 is predicted to work in Xenopus laevis but is discouraged by the abreviews about 21628.
Asked on Feb 25 2013
Thank you very much for your interest our products.
To our knowledge, neither ab21628 nor ab52865 have been tested in Xenopus. The homology of the immunogen of ab21628 with Xenopus laevis and tropicalis is 76%. The homology of the immunogen of ab52865 with Xenopus laevis and tropicalis is 80%. So actually, the homology with ab52865 is higher. We had incorrectly listed Xenopus as "predicted to react with" for ab21628, since 76% is quite low, so we thank you for bringing that to our attention.
By participating in our AbTrial program you can now use our products in an untested application or species without financial risk.
Simply follow these easy steps below to apply for our AbTrial Program:
1. Reply to this email, letting us know you are interested in testing ab52865 in Xenopus.
2. Our scientists will email you an inactive personal discount code for the value of the product.
3. Purchase and test the product at the regular price.
4. Submit your results, including your discount code in the additional notes section of your Abreview.
5. Once the Abreview is submitted, the discount code will become active.
6. Apply your discount code on your next order to receive that value off.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this offer and I would be happy to help you further.
The Terms and Conditions of this offer can be found at: https://www.abcam.com/abtrial.
Answered on Feb 25 2013