Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor M3/CHRM3
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor M3/CHRM3 antibody
See all Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor M3/CHRM3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor M3/CHRM3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Sheep, Rabbit, Horse, Cow, Pig, Chinese hamster
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor M3/CHRM3 aa 550 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Rat tissue lysates: Brain; Forebrain; Substantia Nigra; Heart.
This product was previously labelled as Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor M3
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab87199 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 85 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 66 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionThe muscarinic acetylcholine receptor mediates various cellular responses, including inhibition of adenylate cyclase, breakdown of phosphoinositides and modulation of potassium channels through the action of G proteins. Primary transducing effect is Pi turnover.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family. Muscarinic acetylcholine receptor subfamily. CHRM3 sub-subfamily.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane. Basolateral cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- AChR antibody
- ACM3_HUMAN antibody
- cholinergic receptor muscarinic 3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor M3/CHRM3 antibody (ab87199) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Brain (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 : Rat Forebrain Rat Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Rat Substantia Nigra Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : Heart (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 66 kDa
Observed band size: 85 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 16 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 8 minutes
Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor M3/CHRM3 contains a number of potential glycosylation sites (SwissProt) which may explain its migration at a higher molecular weight than predicted.
IHC image of Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor M3/CHRM3 staining in Rat normal brain (Sagittal) formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab87199, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab87199 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Tarafder S et al. A Combination of Oxo-M and 4-PPBP as a potential regenerative therapeutics for tendon injury. Theranostics 9:4241-4254 (2019). PubMed: 31281545
- Wu KC et al. I-Tiao-Gung extract through its active component daidzin improves cyclophosphamide-induced bladder dysfunction in rat model. Neurourol Urodyn 37:2560-2570 (2018). PubMed: 30252154
- Kashyap MP et al. BDNF overexpression in the bladder induces neuronal changes to mediate bladder overactivity. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 315:F45-F56 (2018). PubMed: 29092846
- Wilson C et al. Clusters of specialized detector cells provide sensitive and high fidelity receptor signaling in the intact endothelium. FASEB J 30:2000-13 (2016). ICC . PubMed: 26873937
- Nishijima H et al. Denervation of nasal mucosa induced by posterior nasal neurectomy suppresses nasal secretion, not hypersensitivity, in an allergic rhinitis rat model. Lab Invest 96:981-93 (2016). PubMed: 27322954
- Eckhard A et al. Regulation of the perilymphatic-endolymphatic water shunt in the cochlea by membrane translocation of aquaporin-5. Pflugers Arch 467:2571-88 (2015). IF . PubMed: 26208470