Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor M5/CHRM5
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC (PFA fixed)
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor M5/CHRM5 antibody
See all Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor M5/CHRM5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor M5/CHRM5
SpecificityCross reactivity: M5 Muscarinic Receptor (519-531): 100% M5 Muscarinic Receptor: 75% No cross reactivity was observed in: M1 Muscarinic Receptor(451-460) M1 Muscarinic Receptor M2 Muscarinic Receptor(457-466) M2 Muscarinic Receptor M3 Muscarinic Receptor(580-589) M3 Muscarinic Receptor M4 Muscarinic Receptor(469-478) M4 Muscarinic Receptor
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC (PFA fixed)more details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor M5/CHRM5 (C terminal).
This product was previously labelled as Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor M5
FormLyophilized:Reconstitute the lyophilized pooled antisera with 0.1 ml of 10 mg/ml BSA and 0.01% Sodium Azide in PBS for the equivalent of whole antisera, or with additional buffer for more dilute antisera.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41171 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/400. Predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa. Blocking with 5% goat or donkey serum significantly reduces background when compared with BSA or milk blocking.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC (PFA fixed)||1/400.|
FunctionThe muscarinic acetylcholine receptor mediates various cellular responses, including inhibition of adenylate cyclase, breakdown of phosphoinositides and modulation of potassium channels through the action of G proteins. Primary transducing effect is Pi turnover.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family. Muscarinic acetylcholine receptor subfamily. CHRM5 sub-subfamily.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell junction, synapse, postsynaptic cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Acetylcholine receptor muscarinic 5 antibody
- AChR antibody
- AChR M5 antibody
ab41171 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Zhu H et al. Impairments of spatial memory in an Alzheimer's disease model via degeneration of hippocampal cholinergic synapses. Nat Commun 8:1676 (2017). PubMed: 29162816
- Muise ED et al. Localization of muscarinic acetylcholine receptor 2 to the intestinal crypt stem cell compartment. Data Brief 10:482-486 (2017). PubMed: 28054012
- Muschter D et al. Reactivity of rat bone marrow-derived macrophages to neurotransmitter stimulation in the context of collagen II-induced arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther 17:169 (2015). IF . PubMed: 26104678
- Muschter D et al. Sympathetic Neurotransmitters Modulate Osteoclastogenesis and Osteoclast Activity in the Context of Collagen-Induced Arthritis. PLoS One 10:e0139726 (2015). IF . PubMed: 26431344
- Wasserman DI et al. Cholinergic control of morphine-induced locomotion in rostromedial tegmental nucleus versus ventral tegmental area sites. Eur J Neurosci 38:2774-85 (2013). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . PubMed: 23773170