Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rat monoclonal [9E10] to Myc tag
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC/IF, IP, WB
Product nameAnti-Myc tag antibody [9E10]
See all Myc tag primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [9E10] to Myc tag
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for Myc tagged proteins. The Myc tag epitope (EQKLISEEDL) is located at the dimerization site of c-myc and therefore this antibody does not perform well at recognizing endogenous c-myc.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC/IF, IP, WBmore details
EpitopeEpitope located at aa 410-419; EQKLISEEDL
ab206486 is a recombinant antibody that comprises the variable regions from the 9E10 hybridoma within a rat IgG1 scaffold.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Proclin 300
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Light chain typekappa
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Domain Families
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (DyLight® 650) (ab117487)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (DyLight® 488) (ab117499)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (DyLight® 550) (ab117511)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (FITC) (ab117599)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] - C-terminal (Biotin) (ab197139)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab202008)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab223894)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab223895)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (APC) (ab223896)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] - BSA and Azide free (ab264603)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab32)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (HRP) (ab62928)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (PE) (ab72468)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (SureLight® APC) (ab72580)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Biotin) (ab81658)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab206486 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa.|
RelevanceEpitope tags are short peptide sequences that are easily recognized by tag-specific antibodies. Due to their small size, epitope tags do not affect the tagged protein’s biochemical properties. Most often sequences encoding the epitope tag are included with target DNA at the time of cloning to produce fusion proteins containing the epitope tag sequence. This allows anti-epitope tag antibodies to serve as universal detection reagents for any tag containing protein produced by recombinant means. This means that anti-epitope tag antibodies are a useful alternative to generating specific antibodies to identify, immunoprecipitate or immunoaffinity purify a recombinant protein. The anti-epitope tag antibody is usually functional in a variety of antibody-dependent experimental procedures. Expression vectors producing epitope tag fusion proteins are available for a variety of host expression systems including bacteria, yeast, insect and mammalian cells.
- c-myc tag antibody
- Myc Epitope Tag antibody
All lanes : Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab206486) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HEK-293 spiked with 5 ng multitag protein
Lane 2 : HEK-293 unspiked with 5 ng multitag protein
Lane 3 : 25 ng purified multitag protein
Lysates/proteins at 35 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 48 kDa
All lanes : Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab206486) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Multitag protein at 0.025 µg
Lane 2 : Multitag protein at 0.01 µg
Lane 3 : Multitag protein at 0.005 µg
Predicted band size: 48 kDa
ab206486 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Compte M et al. A tumor-targeted trimeric 4-1BB-agonistic antibody induces potent anti-tumor immunity without systemic toxicity. Nat Commun 9:4809 (2018). PubMed: 30442944
- Ferro M et al. Functional mapping of brain synapses by the enriching activity-marker SynaptoZip. Nat Commun 8:1229 (2017). PubMed: 29089485
- Gali VK et al. Translesion synthesis DNA polymerase ? exhibits a specific RNA extension activity and a transcription-associated function. Sci Rep 7:13055 (2017). PubMed: 29026143
- Alonso-Camino V et al. CARbodies: Human Antibodies Against Cell Surface Tumor Antigens Selected From Repertoires Displayed on T Cell Chimeric Antigen Receptors. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 2:e93 (2013). PubMed: 23695536
- Liu H et al. Degradation of regulator of calcineurin 1 (RCAN1) is mediated by both chaperone-mediated autophagy and ubiquitin proteasome pathways. FASEB J 23:3383-92 (2009). PubMed: 19509306
- Lin M et al. Functional expression of a biologically active fragment of soluble gp130 as an ELP-fusion protein in transgenic plants: purification via inverse transition cycling. Biochem J 398:577-83 (2006). PubMed: 16716147