Product nameAnti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Allophycocyanin)
See all Myc tag primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [9E10] to Myc tag (Allophycocyanin)
ConjugationAllophycocyanin. Ex: 645nm, Em: 660nm
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for Myc tagged proteins. The Myc tag epitope (EQKLISEEDL) is located at the dimerization site of c-myc and therefore this antibody does not perform well at recognizing endogenous c-myc. A publication by Baker AM et al. 2016 (PMID: 26826706 DOI: 10.1111/his.12939) shows the IHC staining generated by the 9E10 clone does not correlate with c-myc mRNA expression.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Synthetic peptide within Human Myc tag aa 400 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P01106
Epitopeaa 410-419 of human Myc.
- Flow Cyt: 293T cells transfected with TMEM119 with myc tag
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at 4°C (stable for up to 12 months). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at +4°C. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typekappa
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (DyLight® 650) (ab117487)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (DyLight® 488) (ab117499)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (DyLight® 550) (ab117511)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (FITC) (ab117599)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] - C-terminal (Biotin) (ab197139)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab202008)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab206486)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab223894)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab223895)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] - BSA and Azide free (ab264603)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] - ChIP Grade (ab32)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (HRP) (ab62928)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Phycoerythrin) (ab72468)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (SureLight® Allophycocyanin) (ab72580)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Biotin) (ab81658)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab223896 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
The cellular localisation of this product has been verified in ICC/IF.
RelevanceEpitope tags are short peptide sequences that are easily recognized by tag-specific antibodies. Due to their small size, epitope tags do not affect the tagged protein’s biochemical properties. Most often sequences encoding the epitope tag are included with target DNA at the time of cloning to produce fusion proteins containing the epitope tag sequence. This allows anti-epitope tag antibodies to serve as universal detection reagents for any tag containing protein produced by recombinant means. This means that anti-epitope tag antibodies are a useful alternative to generating specific antibodies to identify, immunoprecipitate or immunoaffinity purify a recombinant protein. The anti-epitope tag antibody is usually functional in a variety of antibody-dependent experimental procedures. Expression vectors producing epitope tag fusion proteins are available for a variety of host expression systems including bacteria, yeast, insect and mammalian cells.
- c-myc tag antibody
- Myc Epitope Tag antibody
Flow cytometry analysis of HEK-293T (human embryonic kidney) transfected with Myc-tagged TMEM119 expression vector labelling Myc-tag with ab223896 at 1/500 dilution (right) compared with Mouse IgG1 (monoclonal) Allophycocyanin (left). Cells were surface-stained with TMEM119 antibody (ab210405), then fixed with 2% PFA for 10 minutes and permeabilised with 0.1% Tween-20 for 30 minutes. Next, they were stained with Allophycocyanin conjugated Myc-tag antibody (ab223896) and Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated anti-Rabbit secondary antibody (for TMEM119). Only TMEM119 (+) population showed Myc-tag positive staining.
ab223896 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.