Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [9E10] to Myc tag (Biotin)
- Suitable for: WB
- Conjugation: Biotin
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Biotin)
See all Myc tag primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [9E10] to Myc tag (Biotin)
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for Myc tagged proteins. The Myc tag epitope (EQKLISEEDL) is located at the dimerization site of c-myc and therefore this antibody does not perform well at recognizing endogenous c-myc.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Epitopeab81658 recognizes the sequence EQKLISEEDL (derived from the human c-myc protein).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.013% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.3025% Tris
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typekappa
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Domain Families
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (DyLight® 650) (ab117487)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (DyLight® 488) (ab117499)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (DyLight® 550) (ab117511)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (FITC) (ab117599)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] - C-terminal (Biotin) (ab197139)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab202008)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab206486)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab223894)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab223895)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (APC) (ab223896)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] - BSA and Azide free (ab264603)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab32)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (HRP) (ab62928)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (PE) (ab72468)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (SureLight® APC) (ab72580)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81658 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa.|
RelevanceEpitope tags are short peptide sequences that are easily recognized by tag-specific antibodies. Due to their small size, epitope tags do not affect the tagged protein’s biochemical properties. Most often sequences encoding the epitope tag are included with target DNA at the time of cloning to produce fusion proteins containing the epitope tag sequence. This allows anti-epitope tag antibodies to serve as universal detection reagents for any tag containing protein produced by recombinant means. This means that anti-epitope tag antibodies are a useful alternative to generating specific antibodies to identify, immunoprecipitate or immunoaffinity purify a recombinant protein. The anti-epitope tag antibody is usually functional in a variety of antibody-dependent experimental procedures. Expression vectors producing epitope tag fusion proteins are available for a variety of host expression systems including bacteria, yeast, insect and mammalian cells.
- c-myc tag antibody
- Myc Epitope Tag antibody
ab81658 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Teranishi Y et al. Proton myo-inositol cotransporter is a novel ?-secretase associated protein that regulates Aß production without affecting Notch cleavage. FEBS J 282:3438-51 (2015). PubMed: 26094765
- Evan GI et al. Isolation of monoclonal antibodies specific for human c-myc proto-oncogene product. Mol Cell Biol 5:3610-6 (1985). PubMed: 3915782